• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Yeah, my read is that there is a player (or 2 or 3) that the staff feels is worth the asking price, but they have concerns about that that means for filling out the roster (especially with Sallis as a ???).

As JohnToms states above, it's fine to wait out the market until the players you really want end up elsewhere. If you wait too long, you miss out on targets and then get a pupu platter of "high value" players that aren't winning you anything.

It's like every auction style NFL fantasy draft I've even been in. Certain teams blow their wad on superstars early for like $40-50 each and are content to just fill in the blanks with $1 players. It's easy to say that's a terrible strategy, but then you end up with a bunch of $10 players for $5 each. Great value! But you aren't competing with the top teams when you have that roster. There's a happy medium in there... Definitely not easy to execute.
I feel attacked.

Are we the only team that can’t convince our guys to return?

It's not just Wake. And while Duke, UNC, and Virginia only have a couple of names right now... It's early. I also didn't include guys leaving for the NBA Draft. Duke needs more to leave with what they have coming in (HS recruits and also linked to a specific portal name).

Current ACC Transfers (destination):
BC
- Jaeden Zackery, Prince Aligbe, Claudell Harris Jr, Mason Madsen, Armani Mighty
Cal - Devin Askew, Grant Newell, Rodney Brown, ND Okafor, Monty Bowser, Jalen Celestine, Wrenn Robinson // Lee Dort
Clemson - Josh Beadle, Jack Clark, RJ Godfrey
Duke - Christian Reeves, Mark Mitchell
FSU - Primo Spears, De'Ante Green, Cameron Corhen, Tom House, Baba Miller, Waka Mbatch, Sola Adebisi
GT - Amaree Abram, Ebenezer Dowuona, Tyzhaun Claude, Deebo Coleman, Tafara Gapare
Louisville - Curtis Williams, Kaleb Glenn, Dennis Evans, JJ Traynor, Danilo Jovanovich, Skyy Clark (UCLA), Mike James, Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (NCSU), Tre White (Illinois), Emmanuel Okorafor, Ty-Laur Johnson, Koron Davis // Terrence Edwards, Jr, James Scott, Reyne Smith
Miami - Christian Watson, AJ Casey, Michael Nwoko, Bensley Joseph (Providence), Jakai Robinson, Nick Cassano // Lynn Kidd, Brandon Johnson
NCSU - LJ Thomas (Austin Peay), Alex Nunnally, Kam Woods // Brandon Huntley-Hatfield
UNC - James Okonkwo, Seth Trimble
Notre Dame - Alex Wade, Matt Zona, Carey Booth
Pittsburgh - William Jeffress, Federiko Federiko
SMU - Jefferson Koulibaly (Jax State), Mo Njie, Xavier Foster
Stanford - Kanaan Carlyle (Indiana), Andrej Stojakovic, Max Murrell, Brandon Angel
Syracuse - Benny Williams, Justin Taylor, Quadir Copeland, Peter Carey, Maliq Brown, Mounir Hima // Eddie Lampkin, Jr
UVA - Leon Bond III
Virginia Tech - Rodney Rice (Maryland), Lynn Kidd (Miami), Sean Pedulla, John Camden, MJ Collins, Tyler Nickel (Vandy) // Ben Burnham, Jordan Ivy-Curry,
Wake Forest - Damari Monsanto, Jao Ituka, Aaron Clark, Kevin Miller, Matthew Marsh, Zach Keller // Tre'Von Spillers

We’re losing 6 players this offseason, man

I know none of them matter and we’ll recruit better or whatever the line is

But we’re also Wake fans and should know better by now
And three of them are non factors lol

I
we've been hearing this line every off-season since the last time we won an NCAA Tournament game

most of us were young back then
I mean the only players that Wake has lost to the transfer portal that went on to do meaningful things for a good college team in the past 8 years or so are Sarr and Brown, and that was during a coaching transition.

Losing players early to the pros is an entirely different conversation

We’re losing 6 players this offseason, man

I know none of them matter and we’ll recruit better or whatever the line is

But we’re also Wake fans and should know better by now
well the solution is obviously to buy more of the all new Steve Forbes IPA

Back