• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

This is such a tired trope. The NBA plays a ton of defense, especially in the playoffs - watch it sometimes.

its not a "tired trope," and you are correct, the playoffs is the only place defense shows up.

I have watched plenty of NBA seasons, started in the late 80s when I was in middle school, I am 45 years old now.

and I stand by my statement, there are far more examples of lack of Defense, than quality effort defense, over the 82 game season. and it is magnified in the lesser teams of the league.

This is such a tired trope. The NBA plays a ton of defense, especially in the playoffs - watch it sometimes.
Totally agree. If they didn't, the most talented in the world playing a 48 minute game with a 24 second clock a team would score 150 or more points every game.

They also landed Mason Gillis from Purdue today out of the portal.

Maybe we need a statue of liberty of Forbes holding this poem:

With silent lips. "Give me your McDonald's All Americans, your former 5-stars,
Your bench warmers with game yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the message board fan favorites, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Seems like another Jacob Grandison, who sucked and every Duke fan hated
Agreed.

Gillis may not even play much as Duke is already stacked, and Scheyer doesn't know how to use a bench. Just seems like WF (and most other schools) spend thousands of man hours on the portal, sifting for prospects, vetting through all imaginable sources, making contact, take all imaginable steps to keep everything confidential and then Forbes tries to close without getting snaked.

OTOH, when the season ends, Duke looks at couple of guys from schools they know (Cuse and Purdue), makes two offers, which are promptly accepted and is now done with the portal. Annoying.

Agreed.

Gillis may not even play much as Duke is already stacked, and Scheyer doesn't know how to use a bench. Just seems like WF (and most other schools) spend thousands of man hours on the portal, sifting for prospects, vetting through all imaginable sources, making contact, take all imaginable steps to keep everything confidential and then Forbes tries to close without getting snaked.

OTOH, when the season ends, Duke looks at couple of guys from schools they know (Cuse and Purdue), makes two offers and is now done with the portal. Annoying.
Players like being on winning teams and will pretty much always be confident/arrogant enough to believe that they will earn playing time even if the PT is not obviously available.

Back