• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Maybe we need a statue of liberty of Forbes holding this poem:

With silent lips. "Give me your McDonald's All Americans, your former 5-stars,
Your bench warmers with game yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the message board fan favorites, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Missed the opportunity to change it to "teaming shore"...

Seems like all we hear about is their atrocious NIL situation. I mean their football coach declined to coach in the Big 10 to be an OC at a new conference rival.
Yeah from everything I've read if WKIII doesn't end up at Wake it's not just because we got outbid by UCLA. I mean we still could be, but it seems like it would be a conscious decision by our staff not to chase him. Their NIL situation sounds like a dumpster fire.

Or all of the rumors about their NIL situation are wrong and I'm just some internet blowhard, which is, statistically speaking, more likely.

We still need a number of bodies…any news is good news!

wouldn't be surprised is Biliew and Cosby commit this week
Agree. That same source who told me about Omaha says there’s another domino to fall if we get him. They’re being cagey AF about some of this, so that tells me we are past the point of flirting and are probably in the finals for whoever the mystery transfer is. And we definitely want WKIII and will go toe to toe with UCLA to get him. The only other thing this person said, and again they would know, is there’s a good chance Hunter comes back (assuming he’s not projected to go mid-first round). For Hunter’s sake I hope he goes top 15, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if he drops to the 2nd round in most projections. If that happens, he will get paid more to stay at Wake and they love Forbes and Wake. Carr is gone, which is sad, but Omaha will help if we can get him. I think we will.

And not to get ahead of ourselves, but just reading between the lines…the mystery transfer has to be a PG, IMHO. I thought maybe it was the guy from North Texas, but obviously it wasn’t. I’m tempted to ask if we would try to get Boopie back, but I think that bridge was burned, unfortunately. No idea who it is, but they’re apparently a priority for the staff (which makes me think PG).

Agree. That same source who told me about Omaha says there’s another domino to fall if we get him. They’re being cagey AF about some of this, so that tells me we are past the point of flirting and are probably in the finals for whoever the mystery transfer is. And we definitely want WKIII and will go toe to toe with UCLA to get him. The only other thing this person said, and again they would know, is there’s a good chance Hunter comes back (assuming he’s not projected to go mid-first round). For Hunter’s sake I hope he goes top 15, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if he drops to the 2nd round in most projections. If that happens, he will get paid more to stay at Wake and they love Forbes and Wake. Carr is gone, which is sad, but Omaha will help if we can get him. I think we will.
Man the ‘silly season’ for basketball is now insane

Back