• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

PassItFour, iirc
and btw, from those early 2000s teams, Broderick Hicks was one of the most impressive people I remember meeting at Wake. I knew that guy was going to do great things in life. Just a genuinely good dude and super sharp on his toes. Ran into him when visiting a buddy up in NYC a decade or so ago and he was just as personable then as I remembered him being at Wake.

Great guy. Great Deacon. Much love to B Hicks!

The defining characteristic of a chucker is getting up shots. You wanna get yours before your homie does. I don't think distance plays a role in my definition.

I will agree that most chuckers are probably lazy so working harder for a shot is probably not their preference (moar threes!!)

Now you're just making up names.

(But seriously, I barely remember that dude)

and btw, from those early 2000s teams, Broderick Hicks was one of the most impressive people I remember meeting at Wake. I knew that guy was going to do great things in life. Just a genuinely good dude and super sharp on his toes. Ran into him when visiting a buddy up in NYC a decade or so ago and he was just as personable then as I remembered him being at Wake.

Great guy. Great Deacon. Much love to B Hicks!

What's he doing these days? Always liked him as a player.

What's he doing these days? Always liked him as a player.
F if I know anymore. It was a random run in and I'm like 99% sure he didn't remember me even tho I started the conversation with, "B-Hicks! GO DEACS!!!!" I played it super cool, y'all.

About a decade or so ago he was working in entertainment and in middle management but climbing that ladder. Dude likely has stock options now.

It’s gonna be really interesting to see how P5 teams fill out rosters once they’re done bringing in rotation guys.

At some point coaching staffs will have to be realistic with targets.

“We’re out of money and you won’t be playing much at all. I know you sat the bench at Virginia Tech, so now we’d like you to sit the bench for us.”

Like who is the pool of players? It’s not P5 guys transferring for more playing time. It’s not mid-major guys looking to play up a level.
Some of it is going to have to be P5 guys getting slapped in the face with reality. They may have been looking for more NIL or more PT but where are they going to go when they realize it isn’t out there? They aren’t likely to get more NIL going down a level. Are they just going to quit D1 basketball? It doesn’t make sense that they would just end their career if they can get on a roster.

8 players leaving, not counting Sallis…new era in college basketball. Would hate to be a coach, all year long now! Maybe was a little before, but now NO down time.

A chucker is a dude who shoots way more than he should. So Childress is a horrible example of a chucker. O'kelley is a good example. My son had twins on his rec basketball team a season or two ago and those two kids shot everytime they touched the ball and it very rarely went in. So the dads on the team called them the chucker brothers.

Back