• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ Louisville – Sat 10/29 – 3:30 ACCN

@CONeill please consider asking about clock management in the end of the first half. Curious what the coaching staff is wanting to do in those situations. I am not trying to slam them, I just genuinely don't understand it.

Announcers aren't great, but they at least are pointing out some stuff the refs aren't calling. Many announcers have not been doing that.

Wow man. That is some of the worst clock management and TO use I’ve seen. Clawson needs to address whatever demons he has that’s keeping him from going for the throat. Chicken shit.

Individually, I think I understand most of the clock management decisions (or at least the theory) but I do disagree with a couple. The most blatant was using the timeout with 15 seconds left on a first down conversion where you can easily clock it and save the last timeout.

Weird first half. Felt like the TD hit the ground, but not sure the video evidence showed that the ball jiggled when it did. Still, we caught a break.

The Hartman fumble should have been blown dead long before he fumbled and I don't know why it wasn't. That said, I don't know how they can go back and say that his forward progress was stopped after the fact if there was no whistle.

I was fine with the run, had no idea why Clawson let so much time tick off the clock. I'd like to think that if we had punted, we had at least some chance of not getting down to FG range-at least you should expect that.
my best guess: clawson was pissed and didn’t trust either the offense or defense before going into halftime and wanted to minimize giving them the ball back with time to score (and had no faith in our offense to pick up a first down or our defense to stop them)

I mean he went too much time burn there on that second down run

Sometimes the expression on Clawson’s face in those moments makes me think he just tightens up a bit

Clear if we can give Hartman time they have to commit DPI or we will score at will. Unless Clawson goes ultra conservative just to keep it a one play game.

If we have screen passes in the playbook (we do) I would try that.
It’s one of the most frustrating things about our offense. With Morin and Williams, would love to get our speedsters ball in space. ESP when our line is banged up and getting overmatched on blitz packages

It’s amazing we are in this game. We only have 120 yards of offense and 20 yards rushing

I think we need to come out slinging it in second half and let that open up the run game a bit

But I don’t like that we currently have almost twice as many carries as throws

He barely had any time to coach he’s so focused on complaining to officials.

Back