• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ NCST 8:00pm ACCN

This is what a game looks like when you have better skill positions but lose both sides of the LOS.
I still think our DL is pretty decent. It’s everyone else on defense that sucks.

The DL is pretty decent, but the defensive complain centers on the DL stopping the run and containing the QB in hopes that the LBs and DBs make plays which they don't make often enough.

In Italy so had to watch condensed version this AM. Their QB is good and will be a problem going forward. Their D is always good. Our run game is an unmitigated disaster. Zero pop. No room to run. The slow mesh days may be numbered if that’s what we will consistently churn out. That goalline stand where we ran straight up gut to lose 3 was embarrassing. Coming away with zero there was a knife.
How the ref missed the hold on their TD before the half is baffling. Horrible coverage. But damn. That’s 4 point swing there. And was Sam’s last int not a free play? Looked 6 inches over line as ball was snapped.
Tough loss but expectations after last week were so low. Hard to swallow losing there when you outgain by >100. But now -11 in turnovers last 2 weeks. Bad time to be a deacon.

I still think our DL is pretty decent. It’s everyone else on defense that sucks.
DL without Bothroyd was tepid. We put no pressure on Morris so he had plenty of time in the pocket. If we can't pressure the QB the rest of the season could be heartbreaking. Sam was sacked at least 7 times and if we sacked Morris at all I can't remember it.

DL without Bothroyd was tepid. We put no pressure on Morris so he had plenty of time in the pocket. If we can't pressure the QB the rest of the season could be heartbreaking. Sam was sacked at least 7 times and if we sacked Morris at all I can't remember it.

Overall I agree we seemed to really let him stand in there. But we had four sacks and four hurries. Box score says they had four sacks and seven hurries

Tough game to comprehend. Looked like the better team but turned the ball over too many times and couldn’t run.

Given the way this team is playing I think 2-1 is best case scenario but 0-3 wouldn’t surprise me.

hard win on the road -11 in turnovers in 2 games.

Let's right the ship at home the next 2 games and then take it to dook on the road to close out 9-3 with a bowl win to get us to 10 wins. :)

In Clawson we trust.

Go away.

There is an NCSU board for you to post on. Take your bs there.
Cut Roland some slack. He slings coffee for a living (or used to??) and this is one of the best wins in Dave Dorean’s illustrious 10 years at the helm of the juggernaut Wolfpack program.

Cut Roland some slack. He slings coffee for a living (or used to??) and this is one of the best wins in Dave Dorean’s illustrious 10 years at the helm of the juggernaut Wolfpack program.

Good point.

Will be interesting to see Liberty ranked ahead of us this week.

Just beat UNC at this point, don't care if we lose every other game.

Clawson mentioned the refs letting the game get out of hand. Minus the phantom PI calls on our D and lack of PI calls on State - am I missing something? Should there have been more unsportsmanlike calls or something?

Did our players do something classless to make Clawson “address them tomorrow”?

Clawson mentioned the refs letting the game get out of hand. Minus the phantom PI calls on our D and lack of PI calls on State - am I missing something? Should there have been more unsportsmanlike calls or something?

Did our players do something classless to make Clawson “address them tomorrow”?

Yeah. One of our players (Carson?) put his knee in the head of the State QB. And then later, a couple of the State players from their defense were out on the field taunting our players when State’s offense was on the field.

Back