• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Since I live on the coast, I’m not in town much except for football. So tonight was our first soccer game at Spry. Wow! The place was packed. The Hill was jammed and rocking. The atmosphere was super. Agreed that we need to mark better on set pieces, but we were clearly the better team. Tumwasi is quick. The whole evening made me wish I lived in WS.

Jesus Christ

I mean, it was a joke because some clown compared a college soccer program to a Premier League side...

But LFC supporters did really kill 39 innocent Italian football supporters. And that wasn't cool

I mean, it was a joke because some clown compared a college soccer program to a Premier League side...

But LFC supporters did really kill 39 innocent Italian football supporters. And that wasn't cool

Yeah, I mean, how dare anyone discuss a sport freely on a sports forum! My apologies for offending your delicate sensibilities. Please share with me the rule book for discussing Wake soccer, as it was handed down to you on Mount Sinai. Then I will no longer be a clown, but an all knowing oracle like yourself.

Sorry for causing you to get your panties in a twist.

Lol at Milhouse who reads threads he's not interested in to lol at people. I still laugh every time though.

Funnier than RJ.

FWIW, I'd like to thank those of you who comment on this thread. When I read that last night's game was televised on ESPNU I decided to watch. Great game and great ending. I even agonized when Clemson tied the game with two minutes left. Seemed like a typical Wake Forest sports ending until they won in OT. It was the first soccer game I have watched since the semi's and final's of the NCAA tournament last year. Good stuff. Maybe this old dog has learned a new trick.

Last edited:
FWIW, I'd like to thank those of you who comment on this thread. When I read that last night's game was televised on ESPNU I decided to watch. Great game and great ending. I even agonized when Clemson tied the game with two minutes left. Seemed like a typical Wake Forest sports ending until they won in OT. It was the first soccer game I have watched since the semi's and final's of last the NCAA tournament last year. Good stuff. Maybe this old dog has learned a new trick.

Love it. A decent number of our games are televised on the ESPN App, FYI. We will keep you updated!

I get it if soccer just isn't your thing. But this is a sport we are really, really good at. It's enjoyable to watch well played soccer by the Deacons. The team looks to have well-deserved fan support.

Tough with Wake-UNC and USA on at roughly the same time. Huge game for the soccer Deacs in Cary.

Announcer said Wake has the most wins in college soccer since Muuss took over as a head coach at 46. Next highest is Stanford at 41. And we play in by far the hardest conference in soccer. GD dynasty.

Back