• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

WFU Soccer: WAKE OVER CLEMSON 3-2 IN 2OT!, Women beat ND 2-1 for 1st time.

Heel made that FK look easy.

UNC was pressing high and wide in the first half and Wake used the space well. They've moved to a flat 5 and sat in after their goal. Game has really slowed.

Lost our minds a little in the final minute but otherwise a dominant second half.

UNC looked dangerous every time they got into our final third. Some shaky clearances and poor passin from the back put us in unnecessary pressure but we possessed the ball incredibly well to kill the game and managed to create chances doing it.

Great match tonight. Much more enjoyable to watch than Clemson last week, perhaps because there was less of a contrast in styles. Thoughts:

-The Congregation was great again tonight. Glad to see that our team seems to appreciate them as well. It really says something about our program to have that level of support on the road.

-A bit of a quieter night for him, but Luis might be my favorite player on this year's team. Plays with a chip on his shoulder--we could use more of that.

-I thought Dunwell was really off against Clemson. He was much better tonight, but still had a few bad first touches. Really need him and Raben to turn it on for us to make a run in the post-season.

-Not sure what to think about Andreu. I was impressed with his performance in the NCAAs when Ferrell was out. Smaller GKs make me nervous, I guess. Perhaps he'll be Akira 2.0, which would be great.

-Ema is fun to watch. Reminds me a bit of Jeremiah White, though more finesse and slightly less speed/N-S.

-DeZart has a lot of potential.

-Bogus that the game wasn't played on the main field.

Last edited:
Is there a website that keeps up with live scores, standings and schedules for Men's Soccer? ESPN doesn't seem to, but I'd like to know if someone else does this.

Ema is such a talent. Ball seems to stick to his feet when he's running at/through defenders. And he serves up a great cross.

Back