• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

WFU Soccer: And so it begins... VT at WFU, 1pm today in ACC tournament

Had three games on at once and the deacs were by far the most boring after a brilliant first three minutes.

Glad i turned it on in time. Can't tell you how many times i get the stream up two or three minutes in and we've already scored.

Did the dude for VT really get kicked in the face? It was right in front of me and I swear it looked like he missed him.

Also if we keep losing running backs I’m pretty sure we could plug 22 in and not lose a beat. He looks the part.

Also coach manning in the house supporting the deacs

It was a great passing move in the final third, and Bakero finished it with a nice, one-touch shot to the back left of the net.

Congrats soccer Deacs!! Kickin' butt and takin' names...next victim: Clemson. Should be a packed crazy house at Spry for the semi! Go Deacs!!

Great story for you all. I was in Chicago this weekend for the Wake-Notre Dame game. Met a Wake buddy there and did one of the bus-tailgate deals out of Chicago (which was awesome, by the way). Got back from South Bend last night and hung out at the bar that ran the event for a couple of drinks, then decided to get back to my hotel as I had to leave for the airport at 5 am. I hadn't eaten and grabbed an Uber to a local deep dish pizza place that a Notre Dame fan had recommended - thought I'd get some to go and bring it back to my hotel. I'm walking into the restaurant (it's probably ~10:00 pm) and a young couple is standing there, having just finished their dinner. I've got a Wake hat on and the guy says "are you a Wake grad?" He looks familiar to me, but then again my eyes are bad and I'm older than you kids. ;) I say yes, ask them if they were there for the game, they say no. We exchange pleasantries and I introduce myself, first to the girlfriend then to guy...who says "I'm Jacori." I felt like an idiot - told him I'd seen him play dozens of times, etc... I think he was excited to hear me say his last name before he did. ;) We chat for a while, I ask him how he's enjoying being a pro, he says that "it's everything I thought it would be and more!" We part ways, I go into the pizza place and find out that it will take as long as 40 minutes to get something to go. I decide to move on and go back outside where Jacori and his girlfriend are still standing. They ask me why I'm leaving, I tell them I need to get to bed and that the wait is too long, and Jacori shows me a bag with his extra pizza and offers it to me. What a great guy. I told him that I appreciated it but that it's his pizza and that I really don't need late night deep dish at my advanced age anyway. ;)

Really impressive guy and couple. Great way to cap off a cool weekend (result notwithstanding).

The women's team made the NCAA tourney and will host Georgetown in the first round.

Bakero was named national player of the week.

Back