• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Would like to see them get a shot at Stanford, but wouldn't be that enthused for a 3rd game vs Clemson.

Why the fuck can't we put together a highlight films for our games on Youtube? We have the premier program in the nation right now and all we put together is 30 second hype films for Twitter. UVA already has a highlight film (just showing their highlights) from the final. Clemson does it and so does Louisville.

Not dissuading y'all but that stadium is in Chester, about 40 minutes from downtown Philly. Chester suuuucks. But I'm sure there would be shuttles from the city or something.

I'll be happy if the pitch isn't a cow pasture. [and of course if Wake is there]

Why the fuck can't we put together a highlight films for our games on Youtube? We have the premier program in the nation right now and all we put together is 30 second hype films for Twitter. UVA already has a highlight film (just showing their highlights) from the final. Clemson does it and so does Louisville.

Their highlights? Gdula’s yellow, his other yellow, our two pk misses and their three successful pk’s?

The stadium for the College Cup is the new Philadelphia Union stadium. It's right under the Commodore Barry Bridge, the southern most bridge in PA that goes over the Delaware River. It is part of Chester's "Riverfront Renaissance" Its about 5 miles south of the Philly airport and probably 15-20 miles south of the city proper.

I'm guessing there was significant cleanup of the neighborhood when they built the stadium.

Stadium is fine. Area sucks.

Just saying don't buy plane tickets thinking it's downtown or even next to the Linc/Wells Fargo/CBP.

Stadium is fine. Area sucks.

Just saying don't buy plane tickets thinking it's downtown or even next to the Linc/Wells Fargo/CBP.

Its a pretty short trip from the Philly airport to the stadium. But after the game and you want someplace to sleep....
well, good luck with that.

Its a pretty short trip from the Philly airport to the stadium. But after the game and you want someplace to sleep....

Who's sleeping after we win the national championship!?

There are plenty of hotels near the airport which are probably a 10 minute drive from Chester. Chester is about 8-10 miles south of
Philly on I-95. It's not a downtown Philly stadium but the short drive shouldn't preclude anyone from going to the game.

Last edited:
Back