• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Don't know soccer rules....

Logan Gdula must sit out our next game. Does that mean we play the game a man down or is it just that Logan can't play ?

Don't know soccer rules....

Logan Gdula must sit out our next game. Does that mean we play the game a man down or is it just that Logan can't play ?

You never have to begin a game a man down. That only applies if you lose a player due to a red card during game (or an injury without any subs left in the pro game). If we have a player suspended then it works the same as any other sport; they're just unavailable for selection.

You never have to begin a game a man down. That only applies if you lose a player due to a red card during game (or an injury without any subs left in the pro game). If we have a player suspended then it works the same as any other sport; they're just unavailable for selection.

The USMNT began several games during the Hex with men down.

But that was primarily due to our coaches' decision to play Jozy Altidore.

Columbia beats W&M in 2 OTs, will play the Deacs Sunday @ 5pm

It's ridiculous that we lost Politz, the ACC Defender of the Year, and we are still playing lights out, shutdown defense against ranked opponents. We held #9 Va Tech, #5 Clemson, and #17 UVA to a total of 1 goal.

We have allowed only 11 goals all season, and have allowed only 3 opponents to score multiple goals - Clemson (2), Georgia St.(2), & UNCW (2).

In addition to our stellar defense, We have scored 3+ goals 11 times this season!

It felt like both teams were decently matched last night. William & Mary were certainly the better team in the first half, but Columbia really put the pressure on in the second. I thought Columbia's right mid (#13) was their best player on the field. He was getting up and down the field and getting a few good services. Obviously, we were a little shaky on set pieces early in the season, which I predict will be the best chance Columbia has to score on us. We are clearly the better side, but my guess is we will see a very parked bus with Columbia hoping they can get a set piece goal early. It doesn't hurt they had to come from behind and play an OT game before playing us.

Also, tough loss for NC State who went out last night against a good ODU side.

Maryland with an absolutely shocking loss to Albany. If I am remembering correctly, Maryland held the #1 spot for a few weeks early this season.

And, the NCAA gets their wish with UNCW getting UNC after beating them earlier in the season.

You see Maryland? You see what happens when you leave the best Soccer Conference of all time? Good Riddance.

Screw Maryland. I'm glad they lost. I had a long talk with a successful Maryland grad last week. He was a fairly big donor to the program until the move to the the B1G. Said he would have still supported them but the AD insisted that the move was due to academics, not money. Said he couldn't trust them with his money if they would lie to his face like that.

Last edited:
Maryland started the year 10-0-3 and then ended the season on a six game losing streak (and if their schedule is right, all six losses were at home). They had some injuries but still a terrible finish.

the Maryland Albany game was crazy, followed on line after the W&M/Columbia match. Went to PKs -- from the box score:

Twerps: 8/N 19/Y 28/N 5/Y 12/Y 20/Y 15/N 9/N
Albany: 15/N 24/Y 7/Y 3/N 11/Y 10/Y 14/N 5/GWG

Albany won on the 2nd sudden death pk

When is the game on December 8? I'm having a hard time finding the times. Stadium is about an hour and a half drive for me, so I would love to take the kids.

Either 6:00 PM or 8:45 PM. I'm not sure how/when the decision is made.

I'm a little surprised we drew both Stanford and Clemson into our quarter of the bracket.

Is there any way to watch the girls today at 4? I don’t see it listed on the 3.

#10 Penn State 2 - #24 Wake Forest 0 late in the 2nd half.

Back