• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Postseason was always pay entry to hill. Booze could be snuck in if you were enterprising enough.

When I was a student I was walking back from the IM fields to center campus in the evening.....And there was an NCAA field hockey match going on at Ketner.

I stopped on the sidewalk on the street for maybe 90 seconds to check out what was going on, see the score, etc. And an NCAA worker confronted me and asked for money. Told me I couldn't watch from the sidewalk without paying. The NCAA is serious.

When I was a student I was walking back from the IM fields to center campus in the evening.....And there was an NCAA field hockey match going on at Ketner.

I stopped on the sidewalk on the street for maybe 90 seconds to check out what was going on, see the score, etc. And an NCAA worker confronted me and asked for money. Told me I couldn't watch from the sidewalk without paying. The NCAA is serious.

LOL.

"Non-profit"

P sure it's $5 for the stands, hill is free (but with an anti-booze checkpoint)

Things may have changed, but I think the ACC may require tickets sold for the hill. I know the NCAA used to.

Postseason was always pay entry to hill. Booze could be snuck in if you were enterprising enough.

Today it was $5 for the bleachers, free for the hill, and free for any student with a current ACC ID from any school.

Anybody know what is going on with Michael Gamble and his injury, he hasn't played since the Georgia State game. Will he be able to play in the NCAA Tournament or is he shut down for the year?

Anybody know what is going on with Michael Gamble and his injury, he hasn't played since the Georgia State game. Will he be able to play in the NCAA Tournament or is he shut down for the year?

I'm not sure we will see Gamble or Politz again this season. I am not 100% though.

Harkes, Hayes and Harrison on all acc first team, Gamble on second, Bakero on third. Dunwell and Harrison both on all acc freshman team. Damn thats impressive. Oh and only one of those guys is leaving to graduation next year, which is awesome.

Harrison was the first in ACC history to win freshman of the year and offensive player of the year. In all, the Deacs won 11 all-ACC honors. Not a bad first year for Bobby Muuss!

In addition to Harrison, Wake has had several other very impressive individual performances over the past few years in other sports. Noah Rubin was the first ACC tennis player to win freshman and player of the year, Will Craig was ACC player of the year and first team all-american, and Dearica Hamby was picked 6th in WNBA draft and ended as Wake's all-time leader in points and rebounds.

In addition to Harrison, Wake has had several other very impressive individual performances over the past few years in other sports. Noah Rubin was the first ACC tennis player to win freshman and player of the year, Will Craig was ACC player of the year and first team all-american, and Dearica Hamby was picked 6th in WNBA draft and ended as Wake's all-time leader in points and rebounds.

(Fire Wellman?)

Back