• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU / UNC Game Thread

have not read the entire thread but this was a 20 point loss and unc shot 31%. 22/71. check the shot chart here:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/shotchart/NCAAB_20120131_NC@WF

maybe 17 shots or so were anywhere near the 3 pt line. unc missed over 30 2 point shots. that game could easily have been a 40 point route rather than "just" 20.

by the way the camera men were on top of it last night. so incredible sideline shots of bzz starting around 4 minutes left. they were about as amazing as the ones from the state game. about 3:20 mark if i recall correctly there was a long shot of bzz and battle. truly amazing stuff.

Craig Smith and Jared Dudley at BC were two outside 100 recruits...Smith averaged 19.9 PPG, 7+ RPG as a Freshman and Dudley averaged 11.1 PPG and 5+ RPG as a Freshman. and they were both undersized. Smith was a 6'7 Power Forward who absolutely dominated everyone inside the paint in his 4 years at BC (If I were Mark Gottfired I would pick up some footage on Smith while Smith was at BC and tell Richard Howell to study this tape over and over and over again.)

Stop being obsessed with the star system, it has gotten us nowhere. Ty Walker and Tony Woods were both Five Stars. BC's Josh Southern was a 4 star, Clemson's Milton Jennings was a McDonald's All-American, State's DeShawn Painter was a 4 star, Melvin Tabb ws a 4 star, Alade Aminu (AFA's older brother, who wasn't very good) was a 4 star who was rated the 5th best center in his class in 2005...and the list goes on. Big man recruiting rankings is as questionable as it gets.

and stop dissing people who have optimism about the recruiting class. You don't like our recruits? We get it. No need to mention it on EVERY FUCKING POST.

Tabb was a 4 star? Wow, I didn't know that.

The reason they are called exceptions to the rule is because they are just that: exceptions.

Top 100 players typically perform better than non-Top 100 players. Getting all up in a tizzy because people believe that is counterintuitive and a waste of energy.

Both CJ and Barnes hurt their ankles yesterday and went back to the locker room. CJ is fine and just tweaked his, Barnes resprained his ankle and is day to day.

The reason they are called exceptions to the rule is because they are just that: exceptions.

Top 100 players typically perform better than non-Top 100 players. Getting all up in a tizzy because people believe that is counterintuitive and a waste of energy.

As is bashing our incoming class as hopeless because our forward is barely outside the top 100.

It's all a waste of energy.

Do you guys think Telep or Evan or the guys from RTivals have seen Devin play since he grew 2-3"?

Of course, to some bashing our class means that you don't believe that 3 star post recruits as freshman are going to instantly transform our post game from very bad to average ACC caliber when we are losing our two best post players.

So, here's a interesting question...Washington, does he red-shirt?

Of course, to some bashing our class means that you don't believe that 3 star post recruits as freshman are going to instantly transform our post game from very bad to average ACC caliber when we are losing our two best post players.

no one said "average" because of one player...but that is a typical buzzouter...

Currently we have ZERO PFs/Cs who are even C- rebounders. Everything people have said about Devin is that he is a very good rebounder.

My bad, he must suck if he wnts to play for [Redacted]. What was I thinking?

no one said "average" because of one player...but that is a typical buzzouter...

Currently we have ZERO PFs/Cs who are even C- rebounders. Everything people have said about Devin is that he is a very good rebounder.

My bad, he must suck if he wnts to play for [Redacted]. What was I thinking?

Hopefully he loves the school wants to come to Wake Forest in spite of [Redacted] because there is an excellent chance [Redacted] won't be around more than 25% of his college career.

Hopefully he loves the school wants to come to Wake Forest in spite of [Redacted] because there is an excellent chance [Redacted] won't be around more than 25% of his college career.

Dou you think the recruits expect to play under buzz for 4 years? Serious question.

The recruits have nothing but good things to say about [Redacted]. It's not like those guys hate him and are coming to Wake anyway.

I know the board thinks a coach is responsible for everything from shooting percentages to free throws to getting beat on back doors, but players - particularly high school players - don't see it that way.

They're the players. They win games. They score the points. They know [Redacted] coached Melo in the NBA, they know Wake has starting minutes available, and they know Duncan, CPIII, Howard, etc. Hopefully they also know it's a chance to get a great education.

Reminds me of a work place where managers sit around discussing how management must not be setting the right sales goals or not pushing the right sales techniques, but the sales guys all know that what really matters is the quality of your sales guys, end of story. Long term you're talking overall strategy, planning, etc... But to the kids we're recruiting, the [Redacted] story of team-first, hard work, rebuilding the right way, etc - obviously the recruits are into it. I'm sure every one of them believes that [Redacted], who picked them to turn around the program, will be rewarded when they succeed.

Not one of them is coming to Wake thinking they'll lose 10 acc games for 2 years and then hopefully get a coaching change.

Do you guys think Telep or Evan or the guys from RTivals have seen Devin play since he grew 2-3"?

They've probably seen him play more often than you have. Before and after he grew 2-3"

Back