• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Anti-WFU

Which team comes out victorious?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you're going to quote me, quote accurately and completely. I said they "would compete," "could beat," and "could compete with us, but shouldn't." I never said they "would beat our current team," nor do I think that.

And I'm not backing down on what I did actually say, which is that they would compete with us and could beat us. If you're going to deny that, then you have to say it's impossible they could ever beat us. After the terrible basketball we've played for long stretches this year, I don't know how you could say that.

I'm making a big deal out of this because I think it gets lost in the BuzzOut/In/Wait vitriol. Losing all those guys is so huge, even if we're just talking about the practice squad. Our starters don't get to practice against decent competition except in games. Having all those guys with us could make worlds of difference. And I still think JTT could have learned to play defense. He definitely made strides last year before the wheels fell completely off the entire team at the end of the season.

I didn't intend to bash our current players, or Bz, or the former players, and as I already said, there are probably better ways of expressing the magnitude of the talent we lost, both real and potential, than comparing it to what we currently have. But in all the Bz debates, we only talk about how small and unathletic our roster is now, and we forget that the players we lost weren't nobodies--they were athletic, highly rated prospects with loads of potential and size.

Here are the whole posts, in case you're interested.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

still nothing from the mysterious neg repping poster......tuck your tail in between your legs and run off to your role playing tournament!

Back