• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Anti-WFU

Which team comes out victorious?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tabb would run out of gas after the third trip up the court. He couldn't even do ten minutes on the treadmill.

Woods would foul out and can't catch the ball to score.

Tabb and Woods (if they are awake) would not let Carson or Lafemme Nikita get near the basket.

I mean, what is this based on? The fact that Tabb couldn't get on the court because he was so horrible and that Woods was consistently drubbed by guys 50 pounds lighter and 5 inches shorter than him? He put up 3 points again Prairie View A&M before Christmas but he's some dominant force?

This is a nice thread to weed out the complete lunatics from the rest of the sensible BzzOut/Wait fans.

Tabb would run out of gas after the third trip up the court. He couldn't even do ten minutes on the treadmill.

Woods would foul out and can't catch the ball to score.

How would Woods foul out since we never score in the post?

He'd find a way on CJ's and Travis' drives. Especially Travis as Ari plays no D and has no interest in doing so.

JTT passes out in his car on the way to the game and never makes it. Bzz has to sit a player, and chooses CJ to make sure he's healthy for the upcoming game against the 1992 Dream Team.

Both rims survive the pre-game shoot-around. As Travis takes his seat, however, there's an uncomfortable squishing sound. He looks up to see an iPad covered with crap in his chair. Tabb's soiled warm-up pants give him away. Tabb is sent off with "mono." McKie goes to the showers to wash off.

Carson takes the tip. After 30 seconds of purposeless passing, the ball ends up in Nikita's hands, and he makes a whirling spin move to the basket. Woods isn't having it, ignoring the ball to slam Nikita to the ground, breaking his back. Woods is DQ'ed, Nikita taken to the hospital. 0-0

Chennault gets the ball, dribbles to the basket, and steps on the baseline. Dino ball, 0-0.

Fields takes the ball across halfcourt, picks up his dribble and gets trapped. Throws it to Ari, but Stewart isn't expecting the pass and loses it out-of-bounds. Bzz ball, 0-0.

Chennault looks to run as Ari takes a seat on the bench. Tony throws an alley-oop to Carson, but the ball bounces off the rim, rebounds to strike Tony in the face, and knocks him out cold. Injury timeout. Dino ball, 0-0.

Fields and Carson battle it out as Ari goes to look for some popcorn. Team Bzz wins the game 6-4 despite being outrebounded 23-2.

The teams are set up the way they are because it was claimed in another thread that if you throw any point guard in with the players [Redacted] has let go, they would beat our current team.

That was me, and I didn't say they would win, I said they could compete with our current roster. We have played poorly enough at times this year to lose to them.

If Barbour can put up 35 against us, and freshman Adam Smith 32, how many do you think JTT could put up if he got hot? Last year he scored 32, 27, 26, and 18 (twice) against better competition. And Woods would likely dominate Carson just because he's big and strong and Carson hasn't done well against guys like that yet.

I'm voting for Team Bz, though, because I think we'd win 8 times out of 10.

That was me, and I didn't say they would win, I said they could compete with our current roster.

Here's your quote.

"So we basically lost a starting five that could beat our whole team right now. That's uncanny."

I have no idea why you arranged the teams like you did, but CJ and Mckie are the two best players by far and are on the same team. Therefore, they win.

Basically this.

Plus, the only truly horrible option is on the other team.

If you're going to quote me, quote accurately and completely. I said they "would compete," "could beat," and "could compete with us, but shouldn't." I never said they "would beat our current team," nor do I think that.

And I'm not backing down on what I did actually say, which is that they would compete with us and could beat us. If you're going to deny that, then you have to say it's impossible they could ever beat us. After the terrible basketball we've played for long stretches this year, I don't know how you could say that.

I'm making a big deal out of this because I think it gets lost in the BuzzOut/In/Wait vitriol. Losing all those guys is so huge, even if we're just talking about the practice squad. Our starters don't get to practice against decent competition except in games. Having all those guys with us could make worlds of difference. And I still think JTT could have learned to play defense. He definitely made strides last year before the wheels fell completely off the entire team at the end of the season.

I didn't intend to bash our current players, or Bz, or the former players, and as I already said, there are probably better ways of expressing the magnitude of the talent we lost, both real and potential, than comparing it to what we currently have. But in all the Bz debates, we only talk about how small and unathletic our roster is now, and we forget that the players we lost weren't nobodies--they were athletic, highly rated prospects with loads of potential and size.

Here are the whole posts, in case you're interested.

I know, though Woods and Walker could be argued. I don't want to get into speculation about why they left and how much of it was Bz's fault. Certainly neither 0% nor 100%.

ETA: Think about this. Take Terrell, Stewart, Tabb, Woods, and Walker and sub out any one of them for a PG--let's say Fields. I think that team would compete with us right now. We'd get outrebounded 2:1, and none of our current players are fast enough to guard Terrell. So we basically lost a starting five that could beat our whole team right now. That's uncanny.

Well, it wasn't a Buzzout post. It was intended to be a defense of him for having to deal with what I consider an uncanny loss of talent.

And I was attempting to show that the talent we lost over the past couple years (including Ty, which you can argue if you want) could compete with our current roster. It shouldn't, for the reasons you mention, but we came within inches of losing to High Point and actually lost to Wofford. If we could lose to those teams, then we could lose to the talent we lost (not a whole game, obviously--i'm talking about while they're on the floor). I'm simply trying to highlight how unusual it is to lose that much talent and potential.

Last edited:
Considering your post spawned this thread, it's pretty obvious most people read it the same way.

Unpredeactable spun off it. The rest followed him.

Look, whatever. You didn't mean it the way it came off, but you did say it. If you say Greg Newton could beat Tim Duncan it's not really much of a defense to then argue the semantics of "would" versus "could." If you don't get that I'm not sure what to tell you.

It matters for the thread because if Unpre wasn't basing the poll off of a post it makes him look like an antagonistic dick, which I don't think was his intention.

It was a poorly worded response, it's been clarified, the poll is funny, end of story.

Yeah, it's also funny how long we've continued to argue about this. Maybe I'm flexing my troll muscle a little, but I do still think you're wrong.

I saw the point being made in the thread you guys are referencing, and was curious as to what everyone would say. It's an interesting thing to think about. Some of you guys are taking this way too seriously.

The "Bzz team" is better.

Because you labelled the teams as such, I think you already know the answer you're going to get, though.

The Buzz players are better. But they are handicapped by Buzz. They will be unmotivated and stuck with that ridiculous offensive scheme that means they lose the battle of the boards. Dino's team will play with hustle and clean the glass. Buzz's team does not stand a chance.

Last edited:
The Buzz players are better. But they are handicapped by Buzz. They will be unmotivated and stuck with that rediculous offensive scheme that mean the lose the battle of the boards. Dino's team with play will hustle and clean the glass. Buzz's team does not stand a chance.
oh, look, it only took 57 posts for the batshit crazy to surface

sweet

I'm also glad this thread was created because OGB's post had me rolling. Especially Nikita's spin move.

Back