• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are the most beatdown places you've visited?

There are some places in southern Louisiana that are pretty fucked up.

There are some places in southern Louisiana that are pretty fucked up.

True-Detective-Episode-8-3.jpg

Rural Aruba is a paradise compared to rural Jamaica

When they advise you to stay on the resort, you really need to take their advice. That really ruined the Caribbean for me and I doubt I'll ever go back. So darn depressing and you have to go through a lot of it just to get to the resorts from the airport.

drove through rand, wv. that place is pretty awful.

When they advise you to stay on the resort, you really need to take their advice. That really ruined the Caribbean for me and I doubt I'll ever go back. So darn depressing and you have to go through a lot of it just to get to the resorts from the airport.

Anthony Bourdain was in Jamaica last night and the theme of the episode was basically the resorts taking over everything leaving real Jamaicans with nothing. He was on this beautiful public beach which is one of the last true public beaches on the island and the locals are fearful the gov't will sell it to a resort company and then Jamaicans would be without a place to go to the beach.

Anthony Bourdain was in Jamaica last night and the theme of the episode was basically the resorts taking over everything leaving real Jamaicans with nothing. He was on this beautiful public beach which is one of the last true public beaches on the island and the locals are fearful the gov't will sell it to a resort company and then Jamaicans would be without a place to go to the beach.

lord have mercy

Our driver blew a tire in rural Jamaica on the way to one of the falls. Had to get out while he changed the tire. Had some cars with blacked out windows pass us reeeeal slow. SKETCH.

Still felt safer than I did in St. Louis, almost getting mugged steps outside my hotel.

That said, Detroit.

Had a guy in Belize offer me his sister if I would just get in the car and he would take me to her. Still not sure if he was trying to kidnap/rob/murder me or if he was running some sort of pimping delivery service.

Domestic - Liberty City (Miami) Opa Locka (Miami), Overtown (Miami) Watts (LA). Ghetto in South Florida is scarier than La. Not even close.
International - Haiti (lots of amazing people though).

The part of Tampa we stayed at when the Deacs lost to Auburn in the 2nd rd of the NCAAT in 03 was pretty god awful.

you've been to north korea?

also a weird way to end all those slides

Back