• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

My RSD Haul:

Grateful Dead London 72
Allman Brothers Cream of the Crop 2003
Jazz Sabbath Vol 2
Jazz Dispensary
John Craigie Abbey Road Lonely (total pick-up on a whim. love Abbey Road and only 500 copies available)
Offspring Greatest Hits (soundtrack of my middle school years)

Also picked up The Replacements for a coworker. I was 7th in line and several people ahead of me were just going for the Taylor Swift single so I pretty much had the pick of whatever I wanted and had to exercise some restraint.

My RSD Haul:

Grateful Dead London 72
Allman Brothers Cream of the Crop 2003
Jazz Sabbath Vol 2
Jazz Dispensary
John Craigie Abbey Road Lonely (total pick-up on a whim. love Abbey Road and only 500 copies available)
Offspring Greatest Hits (soundtrack of my middle school years)

Also picked up The Replacements for a coworker. I was 7th in line and several people ahead of me were just going for the Taylor Swift single so I pretty much had the pick of whatever I wanted and had to exercise some restraint.

Nice haul; I went late this year after taking care of some errands and missed on Jazz Dispensary - it was really the only thing I wanted. Trying to find a copy online this morning and not having any luck so far - Discog prices are through the roof right now.

JRAD fucking slayed the last 2 nights here

Night One:

Set 1: The Wheel > My Brother Esau, Sugaree, Music Never Stopped, He’s Gone>Smokestack Lightning

Set 2: The Race is On, Foolish Heart > New Minglewood Blues, Here Comes Sunshine>Viola Lee Blues>Me and My Uncle>Viola Lee Blues, Lazy River Road, Let it Grow

E: Sugar Magnolia/Sunshine Daydream

Night Two:

Set 1: Scarlet Begonias > Jack Straw, Row Jimmy, Estimated Prophet>Wharf Rat>Truckin’

Set 2: Fire on the Mountain, Shakedown Street, Need a Miracle, Help on the Way>Slipknot>In Memory of Elizabeth Reed jam>Slipknot>Samson & Delilah

E: Absolutely Sweet Marie>GDTRFB

Still getting my Dead on by listening to my London 72 box set while my son plays.

Kent St. shootings were 52 years ago today. Isleys' cover of Ohio is smoking. One of America's great all-time bands.

loved those guys, wore out a cassette of that album with Guru Jazzmatazz Vol 1 on the flip side

I loved the way Tribe, De La, these guys and others in the early to mid 90's used jazz samples in their music.

Isis, oh, Isis, you mystical child
What drives me to you is what drives me insane
I still can remember the way that you smiled
On the fifth day of May in the drizzlin’ rain

Back