• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Y'all will hate me and call me dumb but.....

Have any of you ever heard of or listen to Nahko and Medicine For The People? I think I've posted about them on here before. But it's such chill music.

I didn't realize it at first, but it has a lot of spiritual vibes to it. The lead singer is part Puerto Rican/Native American/Filipino and was adopted at birth by a conservative Christian family. So he's got all kinds of backgrounds interwoven in his music.

Here's a few of their songs...if you DO choose to listen, be aware that some songs take a verse or more before the beat really gets going and can be longer songs. Feel free to skim through until you find an appealing section.

This is my absolute favorite of his/their songs (feat. Trevor Hall, Xavier Rudd, Leah Song, Joseph):

And now I'm really fucking bummed....apparently in July of 2020 he was accused of inappropriate sexual behavior. Change.org petitions created to stop venues/festivals from including the band due to "alleged repeated incidents by Nahko Bear of "underage fondling, sexual grooming, and sexual abuse/intimidation."

God damn I don't get some people. His whole deal was love/healing/peace/etc. And then apparently goes after underage chicks?

SCI just doesn't vibe with me. I'm sure if I went I'd have a good time, but I'm not laying out the time/money to go to that one. Can't see them all.

I've heard the Ween shows last year at Halloween were great. In fact, part of the group I was with attended the shows in Denver in October and they were the driving force behind us going to Chicago to see them play last weekend. I'll definitely keep it on the radar for this year based on how much fun I had last weekend.

Scored tickets to the South Park 25. Cannot wait to see Ween, Primus and Trey/Matt get weird together. Unreal levels of excitement. Will most likely follow Primus out to Vail that weekend. Their new single for an upcoming EP is fantastic. Such heavy Pink Floyd vibes:

Last edited:
Scored tickets to the South Park 25. Cannot wait to see Ween, Primus and Trey/Matt get weird together. Unreal levels of excitement. Will most likely follow Primus out to Vail that weekend. Their new single for an upcoming EP is fantastic. Such heavy Pink Floyd vibes:

You are so lucky to go to that show. Fuckin' rad.

That song is great. Definitely some Pink Floyd sounds in there.

Saw a great punk show last night: Samiam (missed their set), Face to Face, Descendents, and Jawbreaker on the 25th Anniversary Tour for "Dear You."

Face To Face was great - they put out a new album last fall and played a few songs from that album and I liked them. I've seen them a few times in the last 5 years and they continue to kick ass in the live show.

Descendents - never saw them before, but really liked them. Going to have to dig into their catalog a little more than I have in the past.

Jawbreaker - Liked them live more than I like the studio albums. Only stayed for part of their set as I was tired and solo, so I bailed before they got heavy into the "Dear You" stuff.

This is a song Rick Beato produced back in the day. He recently highlighted this song on his youtube channel as an example of a good song collecting "digital dust"

If you like this then I'd try Church and Ballad of Mike Brown by them

I saw Dirty Honey on Tuesday night in Raleigh. It was a very good show. They did a cover of Shoot to Thrill that was a lot of fun. Really good up and coming rock band.

https://www.stereogum.com/2183092/frantic-city-2022-lineup/news/amp

Frantic City Festival lineup looks good, though for a 1 day festival half the bands you want to see would be playing at the same time:

Car Seat Headrest, Yo La Tengo, Snail Mail, the Murder City Devils, Shannon And The Clams, Superchunk, the Raveonettes, Rocket From The Crypt, Samiam, Titus Andronicus, Protomartyr, Control Top

Arguing with some friends over text rn and didn’t think this was thread worthy but has turned into a heated discussion

Which is better:

At Fillmore East (Allman Brothers)
Cornell ‘77 (Grateful Dead)

Arguing with some friends over text rn and didn’t think this was thread worthy but has turned into a heated discussion

Which is better:

Heat? More like a slow meander next to a babbling brook. No contest. Wasn't Cameron Crowe at the fillmore east show?

Damn that’s tough. Do you count some of the leftover Fillmore East stuff that made it into Eat a Peach?

Which is better:

Interesting question with a lot to unpack. How'd you guys land on those two shows (as opposed to maybe a Europe '72 show, closer in time to the Fillmore East show)?

What are some of the arguments thus far? I'm not even sure where to start on this one so curious to know what your friends are saying.

Which is better:

dog-for-me.gif

Back