• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Pavement put out a new video for an old song as promo material for the Terror Twilight reissue.

Malkmus is/was so great at word play.

check out this band called Wet Leg, sort of a Breeders (i.e., Pixies) type (IMO).

Love this dude's voice. Sort of a Rick Astley vibe with the voice not matching what you'd think he'd look like.

The new Bobby Weir and Wolf Bros Live in Colorado record is damn good. Debating seeing them here in a few weeks but might wait for prices to come down.

They were great last summer to kick off my return to Red Rocks

Got pavilion seats for the Sunday Phish show at Merriwether woot

i've been considering going as well, but it's such a PITA getting and parking tho. esp considering i was too lazy to travel under a mile to 930 club to see goose last week.

not interesting debate:

i think the police's best album is there first one and they get progressively worse but one of my friends swears their first album is their worst and they get progressively better. the really non-interesting part is that i bet if you asked people to rank all their albums, those two would be the most popular orders. can't think of any other band (who released more than 3 or 4 albums) that could even closely apply to.

I love this chaotic song. I took a girlfriend to see Yo La live once and they opened with this and she turned to me and said "I think the bassist is on way different drugs than the guitarist."

The song really comes together at the 7:06 mark when they are all vibing together for about a minute.

There are some phenomenal live versions on youtube where the guitarist truly goes wild. (e.g.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTtkwSqUcns)

Some of my recent listens:

Green Day - Dookie
Jawbreaker - Dear You
Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails
Blink-182 - Dude Ranch
Billy Strings - 3/15/2022 (The Roadrunner in Boston)
The Wood Brothers: Live From the Barn

Lots of Jemp Radio and some great Dead shows spring 81.

Some of my recent listens:

Green Day - Dookie
Jawbreaker - Dear You
Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails
Blink-182 - Dude Ranch
Billy Strings - 3/15/2022 (The Roadrunner in Boston)
The Wood Brothers: Live From the Barn

Lots of Jemp Radio and some great Dead shows spring 81.

you snag to phil lesh incident?

Saw Ween in Chicago this weekend; can't say I knew much of their music prior to the show, but had a good time and I'm glad I went.

They are playing a double bill with Primus at Red Rocks to celebrate 25 years of South Park for any of you guys who are big South Park fans.

Saw Ween in Chicago this weekend; can't say I knew much of their music prior to the show, but had a good time and I'm glad I went.

They are playing a double bill with Primus at Red Rocks to celebrate 25 years of South Park for any of you guys who are big South Park fans.

Surprised on the SCI dislike. I have in for the 25th, will be legitimately bummed if I do not get a chance to snag them. Ween Halloween shows in Denver are a must if you vibed at all with their set.

I listened to Phife Dawg’s posthumous album. It was solid. Lots of guest spots.

caught Bobby Weir and Wolf Bros last night and it was a fantastic show. had been on the fence when it was first announced since I wasn't a huge fan of the original Wolf Bros incarnation. but then I started hearing some live tracks from the new vinyl release on the Sirius GD channel and they really vibed with me. also picked up that Live in Colorado release and it's great. the band now has Jeff Chimenti on keys, Barry Slesse on pedal steel and some horn and string players. but tickets for this show were really expensive, so waited for them to come down. snagged a $70 orchestra ticket ($125 face) on Cash or Trade a few hours before the show and had a blast.

it's funny, when Bobby is playing in Dead & Co it doesn't sound like he's playing too much guitar, just occasionally strumming chords, but as the sole guitarist in this band you forget that he's actually a pretty good player in his own right. no face melting solos, but he can hold his own. go see these guys if you're a Dead fan.

setlist:

Back