• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Just learned today that Ryan Adams has released FIVE albums so far in 2024. I was and still am a big fan of his, dating back to watching Whiskeytown at Ziggy's, but he's too prolific and all over the place. I got through one of the five albums, 1985, and I thought it was pretty terrible. Will give the others a listen, but I don't have high hopes. Maybe there is a good song here or there, but there is gonna be a lot of shit to wade through to find them.

Wasn't he hella canceled?
I don't think it was a full cancellation. I guess he did some shitty stuff to Phoebe Bridgers but I forget exactly what. Don't think it was anything sexual or anything, just him being his usual shitty self. By most accounts he's not a great person, generally.

I don't think it was a full cancellation. I guess he did some shitty stuff to Phoebe Bridgers but I forget exactly what. Don't think it was anything sexual or anything, just him being his usual shitty self. By most accounts he's not a great person, generally.

It was 7 women that came out against him - manipulation, sexual misconduct, stalking, emotional abuse. Mandy Moore, his ex wife was one of them too.

The lack of personal posters Best of 2023 lists is extremely concerning.

Late to the party, but I've been digging into the Noah Kahan album after seeing him on SNL. I like the music a lot - a little less 'stomp and holler' than other bands he might get lumped into. I see that he's gone from playing Red Rocks (9K) to two nights at an 18K cap venue in Denver this summer. I guess that speaks to his rise and grammy nomination over the last year.

Late to the party, but I've been digging into the Noah Kahan album after seeing him on SNL. I like the music a lot - a little less 'stomp and holler' than other bands he might get lumped into. I see that he's gone from playing Red Rocks (9K) to two nights at an 18K cap venue in Denver this summer. I guess that speaks to his rise and grammy nomination over the last year.

The wife and I got excited when we saw he was coming to Blossom, an amphitheater nearby, in May. But the cheapest lawn seats are over $400 right now which is just absurd for a 20,000+ capacity venue.

The wife and I got excited when we saw he was coming to Blossom, an amphitheater nearby, in May. But the cheapest lawn seats are over $400 right now which is just absurd for a 20,000+ capacity venue.
It’s all scammers and bots selling those tix. Wait til right before the show when people need to offload tix due to changes in plans. Not sure if he’s on Cash or Trade but it’s a great app to get good deals on tix.

I've been listening to this album since it came out in 1994 and it is still so good. Such a vibe.

Just learned today that Ryan Adams has released FIVE albums so far in 2024. I was and still am a big fan of his, dating back to watching Whiskeytown at Ziggy's, but he's too prolific and all over the place. I got through one of the five albums, 1985, and I thought it was pretty terrible. Will give the others a listen, but I don't have high hopes. Maybe there is a good song here or there, but there is gonna be a lot of shit to wade through to find them.
He's also pushing his novel he just finished and is currently writing another one. He's got some problems. He's sober now and doesn't have many friends anymore. He releases anything he records. He released 4 albums last year too. None of it sounds like the music that made him popular. He likes loud rock and roll now.

As far as Phoebe, he promised her the world when they were dating (huge age difference. I guess she was over 18 at the time). I think her first record was supposed to be produced by Ryan and put out on his record label. When she wanted to stop seeing each other he cancelled everything and left her hanging. This happens all of the time but it happened during the peak #metoo movement.

yep on Ween. Saw them on Hallo-Ween at millennium center some years ago and a few other times and always a hoot. Just saw the '24 tour kicks off in Phoenix on Valentines Day, IIRC. Ive got a brother in Scottsdale, its in discussion

Back