• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What craziness will happen next week at DNC Convention?

Warwick Davis

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
What happens Monday?

Maybe Hillary drops a giant corn filled deuce in Elizabeth Warren's mouth while Bernie shoves a kosher half sour pickle up her ass. She says, "Now isn't that HUUUUUUUGE? It's the biggest ever."

Then she waits for Bill C. and John Stewart to suck the brown off that fickle fishy pickle.

g1359161127663981846.jpg

What happens Monday?

Maybe Hillary drops a giant corn filled deuce in Elizabeth Warren's mouth while Bernie shoves a kosher half sour pickle up her ass. She says, "Now isn't that HUUUUUUUGE? It's the biggest ever."

Then she waits for Bill C. and John Stewart to suck the brown off that fickle fishy pickle.

:bowrofl::rofl:

Teh gays will turn everyone else gay and it will be one big god-hating fuckfest that takes away our guns.

For the people who cannot bring themselves to vote for Trump, there is an interesting vignette from the career of Abraham Lincoln. The author of a biography of Lincoln relates this from the election of 1844. James K. Polk was for bringing in Texas as a slave state. Henry Clay was not, but he was a slaveholder and therefore anathema to some abolitionists. They cast their votes for the Liberty Party candidate, and it probably cost Clay the election:

In 1845, Lincoln told a Liberty Party supporter that if the ‘whig abolitionists of New York had voted with us last fall, Mr. Clay would now be president, whig principles in the ascendant, and Texas not annexed; whereas by the division [of the Liberty and Whig forces], all that either had at stake in the contest was lost.’ An anti-slavery Whig had declared to Lincoln that he could not vote for the slaveholder Clay, because people of conscience ‘are not to do evil, that good may come. Plaintively Lincoln asked: ‘If by your votes you could have prevented the extension, &c. of slavery, would it not have been good and not evil so to have used your votes, even though it involved the casting of them for a slaveholder? By the fruit the tree is to be known. An evil tree can not bring forth good fruit. If the fruit of electing Mr. Clay would have been to prevent the extension of slavery, could the act of electing have been evil?”

Leaked emails show how Democrats screwed Sanders
A top Democratic Party official tried to use Bernie Sanders’ religious beliefs to hurt his presidential campaign, according to a startling internal email.

The suggestion of undercutting Sanders based on religion is included in one of 19,252 hacked emails dumped Friday — just ahead of Democratic convention in Philadelphia — by WikiLeaks. The emails appear to have been stolen by the hacker “Guccifer 2.0.”

In one disturbing email dated May 5, 2016 with the subject line “No s–t,” the chief financial officer of the Democratic National Committee, Brad Marshall, plotted how to try to portray Sanders, who is Jewish, as an atheist.

“It might [make] no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief,” Marshall wrote, apparently referring to Sanders’ run just ahead of the Kentucky and West Virginia primaries.

“Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist,” Marshall said.

“This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and atheist.”

“My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and atheist.”

The chief executive officer at the DNC, Amy Dacey, responded with a single word email: “Amen.”

Marshall told The Intercept website that he didn’t recall the sleazy email.

But then he claimed it wouldn’t have been about Sanders.

“I can say it would not have been Sanders. It would probably be about a surrogate,” Marshall said, without explaining why the DNC would try to slime a Sanders surrogate.

The DNC was supposed to be neutral in its party primary between Hillary Clinton and the Vermont senator.

But the latest batch of emails confirms the party establishment was in the tank for Clinton well before the primary had been decided by voters.

And top DNC officials were not happy when they were called out for taking sides.

DNC chief Debbie Wasserman Schultz sent an email to NBC anchor Chuck Todd complaining about MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski, who was calling on her to step down.

The heading read: “Chuck, this must stop!”

Wasserman Schultz said she wasn’t confident that a meeting with the anchor would go well.

“She’s already served as a judge and jury without even bothering to talk to me. Not sure why I should trust having a conversation with her would make any difference. Or that she even matters, to be frank,” she said in a May 19, 2016 message.

In another email dated May 21, 2016l, DNC press secretary Mark Paustenbach wrote to communications director Luis Miranda suggesting they plant a story that Sanders’ campaign was in chaos.

“Specifically, [Wasserman Schultz] had to call Bernie directly in order to get the campaign to do things because they’d either ignored or forgotten to something critical,” Paustenbach wrote.

“It’s not a DNC conspiracy, it’s because they never had their act together.”
http://nypost.com/2016/07/22/leaked-emails-show-how-democrats-screwed-sanders/

What happens Monday?

I'm thankful that I could never even think of this, much less posting it.

What happens Monday?

My gosh is Pocahontas one sour pussed screwed up woman. Since she is 1/35 Indian maybe she can be the new symbol for that football team in Washington D.C.

The difference in optics from a speaker standpoint between the two conventions is striking. On one side, there's a rising star Senator, two progressive stalwarts (one of whom was the primary rival), the current First Lady, a former two-term President who was incredibly popular when he left office (and still is, for the most part), the sitting VP, the and the sitting POTUS.

On the other side, you had an unhinged Rudy Giuliani, Ted Cruz flipping the proverbial double-bird to the entire event, and Scott Baio.

I don't know how Trump got a bounce from their convention. Still amazed at that.

Pubs who were on the fence I'm guessing.

I don't know how Trump got a bounce from their convention. Still amazed at that.

I tend to agree, but there's still the Dook effect that always hurts Dems (and by implication, helps Pubs). When the media (MSM, in the case of politics, and ESPN, in the case of MCBB) protects one group to the point of coddling, that group gets soft because they can get away with so much and in turn, the other side has suppressed expectations that they don't live down to (and thus, one can't live up to their caricature, and the other can't live down to theirs; and it backfires a lot). W. used to talk about the joy of being misunderestimated.

The casual voters check in for the first time expect to see the media's caricature of Trump. When he gives a windy and boring speech, like he did the other night, and it isn't a Fasciost(!) Manifesto, the scare tactics actually backfire when Trump doesn't deliver on the false image created for him. Trump unfiltered is still Trump, but he's not Drumpf, or whatever. Same thing happens with Dook. They get built up for six months and get knocked out in the first round by tired-ass midmajor because the media and ACC refs can't protect them anymore. Will see how Hillary does without the Superdelegates, DNC and MSM in the bag.

How did moonz not comment on the fact that they literally brought out a dwarf to stump for Hillary?

...or it's just a standard 4-5 point convention bump.

But it seems like most everyone agrees that their convention was a debacle. I don't know any Pubs who were like, "Yeah, this kicks ass". Most were cringing at the lineup and all the plagiarism. And then what happened with Ted Cruz. JHMD might be right about casual followers of politics being surprised by how much they agreed with Trump's speech. It might be why, even though he's a terrible debater (worst I've ever seen) he comes out of the debates against Hillary okay.

Back