• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do you keep your Thermostat at?...

mine's on 62 right now, gotta keep it cold at night. good for snuggles

Window units in the bedrooms set to 66 at night. No other air conditioning in the house. In the winter, I try to keep the heat at 62, my wife prefers 68.

I set mine on 75 during the day and knock it down to about 72 when I get home. I'm on the 3rd floor with vaulted ceilings so it would take forever to cool down if I set it any higher. It's been about 78 inside when I get home from work at around 5:25. By the time I go to bed at around 10:30 or 11:00, it's about 72.

Anything above 76 is miserable. If it were 65 everywhere all the time I would be in heaven. If it's above 70 I can't sleep because I'm sweating so much.

If I had my way (and I do when I dog sit) 84. Unfortunately, all utilities are included in our rent so my bf keeps it at 62. He has closed the vents in my room so it is warmer in here now.

What does Spiderman like it at?
283587089_o.jpg

Maybe it's the influence of this thread or maybe because the oven's on but I just had to knock ours down to 75. I don't mind being generally warm but I don't want to sweat inside.

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it (or at least, I did). 85-87 when I'm gone during the day, no lower than 82 when I'm home.

Maybe I misspoke...the temperature is not ideal (I'd have it at 72 if money were no object) but the extra $100-$150/month during the summer is awfully nice.

I have shitty insulation, so during the day, I turn it off. When I get home it is usually ~88 and I set it at 78.

I've heard it's bad to keep changing the thermostat with a heat pump. Is there any truth to that?

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it (or at least, I did). 85-87 when I'm gone during the day, no lower than 82 when I'm home.

Maybe I misspoke...the temperature is not ideal (I'd have it at 72 if money were no object) but the extra $100-$150/month during the summer is awfully nice.

You live in Florida. Does it ever cool off?

Back