• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do you keep your Thermostat at?...

79, give or take a degree depending on the weather. If it gets cool outside but it's too humid to crack the windows we'll turn it down to 77 or 78. Otherwise, we turn the ceiling fan on at night to make it feel colder and keep as many lights off as possible. They put out a lot of heat when you have more than a couple bulbs on in a room.

My last house had a great tile floor. I rarely had to use the AC any time of the year. I just went with ceiling fans in the summer and nothing the rest of the year. My power bill was around $60 during the hottest part of the year.

Now it stays around 78-79 all day. If it were up to just me, I'd turn it off during the day but oh well.

Tarboro, where do you live in FL?

about 75, 76 year round. We keep ceiling fans running most of the time when we are home in the summer, its comfortable.

In the summer I just keep my ceiling fans on and open some windows. Temperature is typically in the upper 70s/lower 80s if it's 100 degrees outside but with a decent breeze.

65 in the winter when I'm there. Colder if I'm not.

My last house had a great tile floor. I rarely had to use the AC any time of the year. I just went with ceiling fans in the summer and nothing the rest of the year. My power bill was around $60 during the hottest part of the year.

Now it stays around 78-79 all day. If it were up to just me, I'd turn it off during the day but oh well.

Tarboro, where do you live in FL?

Downtown Orlando

74-75 during the day, 68-70 at night. Can't sleep unless it's cold.

During the summer, 70 during the day and 67 at night. During the colder months, 67 during the day and 65 at night. I can't sleep unless it's cold enough to get under some blankets. I don't know how you folks who keep it above 80 can stand it.

During the summer, 70 during the day and 67 at night. During the colder months, 67 during the day and 65 at night. I can't sleep unless it's cold enough to get under some blankets. I don't know how you folks who keep it above 80 can stand it.

This x a million. I have to be wrapped up in some blankets to sleep.

No A/C in this apartment; if I had to guess, it's probably around 74 in here. We get a great cross breeze. I love having the windows open all the time (aside from outside noises).

68 during the day
63-65 at night

During the winter I don't turn on the heat unless absolutely necessary. I'm on the second floor of my building and my corridor is conditioned--so I only have 1 unconditioned side to my place (which was also built in 2007). For 1400 sf, my electric bill in the summer is only $140ish and in the winter $50-$60

Those of you that keep it 78-80 and above, do you live in the South or Southwest? If so, how do you stand it?

i heard that the other night in Dallas, the lowest it got was 84F at 4 in the morning and then back up over 100 by noon the next day. I can't imagine the power bills in TX.

I live alone so when Im gone during the day I set the upstairs and downstairs at like 77-78.

When I get home upstairs to 75 downstairs to 76-77. House is brick and stone so it never really gets that hot.

What does Spiderman like it at?
283587089_o.jpg

I understand why Iceman would have a little condensation under him, but I'm not sure why Spiderman or Firestar would have puddles. Was it so hot that they peed their feet?

Back