• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What freedoms do you treasure most?

No really, can you please explain how the US government is going to be interfering with your sermons?

Sorry Friend I will not be having that discussion with you here. I will simply say that I am very thankful for the freedom that I enjoy.

Last edited:
Sorry Friend I will not be having that discussion with you here.

wtfjaguars.gif

Sorry Friend I will not be having that discussion with you here. I will simply say that I am very thankful for the freedom that I enjoy.

"Someone who is not interested in defending their position knows that their position has no merit."
-Abraham Lincoln

Step 1: Say something inflammatory
Step 2: Refuse to go into detail
Step 3: Smug satisfaction?

Please explain how the government will interfere with the sermons that YOU, personally, deliver to your church. Does freedom of speech also cover those who wish to express their disagreement with what you or Dr. Carson says in your sermons?

PS:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/ben-carson-apologizes-to-johns-hopkins-89681.html
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/ben-carson-gay-remark-apology-89475.html

I do not intend to start a fire storm, so I will limit my response to this:

My life's work involves public speech. In our neighbor to the north the freedom to do what I do without government interference has been seriously curtailed. There is a movement in the USA in that same direction. In fact, I think it is probable inevitable; but I hope not. Much more could be said; but I will leave it there.

sorry, but i am going to out you:

Freedom to elect unqualified president then bitch and moan anytime he's criticized.

Then why did you include that bit in your original post about losing your rights or whatever? Why not just talk about what you are thankful for? You asked for it.

This thread turned out exactly how I hoped it would

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lot of conventional wisdom in that article that's really not practical or pragmatic.

The "war on Christmas" stuff never ceases to amaze me. It's absurdly ironic.

I'm not following. The speaker in the linked story was able to say whatever he wanted. How was his free speech curtailed or threatened? you just disproved your own point with that link.

He then compared the flat tax to tithing. He wants to tax the poor at the same rate as the wealthy, a regressive system that would guarantee to make it more difficult for the poor to pull themselves out of poverty. He's a not smart man.

Then why did you include that bit in your original post about losing your rights or whatever? Why not just talk about what you are thankful for? You asked for it.

Take it easy on him. It's hard to make logical arguments when your livelihood has been based on telling fairy tails in exchange for money.

Back