• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the Best French Fry Style?

The Best Fry?

• Crinkle Cut

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Curly

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Shoestring

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Standard (e.g. McDonalds style)

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Steak

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Waffle

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
I really like any so long as they're prepped by the restaurant versus bought frozen from a food distribution company.

Standard fries are probably my slight favorite but not by too much. Chick-Fil-A waffle fries are good too. And I regularly get frozen Arby's curly fries if I want something that I can pop in the oven versus having to prep/fry my own.

This is my answer. Fresh cut potatoes are the key, which is why Five Guys probably has my favorite fries of the chains. Not as crispy as some like, but real, fresh potatoes with the right amount of salt. Throw some malt vinegar on there on occasion.

what the fuck is wrong with you dwarves? curly fries. really?

curly fries suck

The correct answer is shoestring

shoestring are good, but like someone said I almost always have to end up using a fork with them, and that kind of takes away some of what makes fries awesome.

shoestring are good, but like someone said I almost always have to end up using a fork with them, and that kind of takes away some of what makes fries awesome.

you have to go in with the "claw"

you have to go in with the "claw"

Cixanu8WUAAwb18.jpg

Where is the obvious best choice - sweet potato fries?

You could have sweet potato versions of any of these options. Although I think I've only ever seen sweet potato fries in traditional or steak form.

Fresh hand cut fries are good in theory but often poorly executed and soggy. Gotta double fry them.

Fresh hand cut fries are good in theory but often poorly executed and soggy. Gotta double fry them.

Yeah - it's one of those things that some places get so right (see: the entire country of Belgium) and they are amazing, and then the vast majority screw up completely.

belgian-fries.jpg

5 Guys style. But fries should always be extra crispy. Done correctly, fries deserve their own food group. Also, tater tots are amazing.

Back