• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Is/Was Your Major At Wake?

Surprised by the lack of doubles. That was pretty typical in my day.

I thought about it, but I also couldnt really decide on my major until first semester of my Soph year. By that time, I'd taken so many different random classes in various disciplines, I didnt have the time left to add another.

I started out freshman year intending to major in Biology. After half a semester switched to Communications, and after the next semester switched to history. I then took Dr Woodall's archeology class sophomore year and knew that was the one.

Finance.

I believe I was one two credit course away from a Sociology minor. (Not intentional, just thought the courses were interesting, but realized too late and couldn't fit the course into my schedule.)

Accountancy (BS/MS)

Almost accidently got a Communications minor because a filled my electives with the easy Com classes.

... and Economics is clearly the best.

specifically, Urban Economics with the Frey.

History major
Anthropology minor

I was one studio art class away from a second minor in Art History, but with my lack of talent in art, there's no way I would have passed a studio art class.

I thought about it, but I also couldnt really decide on my major until first semester of my Soph year. By that time, I'd taken so many different random classes in various disciplines, I didnt have the time left to add another.

I started out freshman year intending to major in Biology. After half a semester switched to Communications, and after the next semester switched to history. I then took Dr Woodall's archeology class sophomore year and knew that was the one.

I took 2 Evans classes my senior year and really wished I'd gone Anthropology.

Back