• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite thing about going camping?

Has anyone done much camping in Panthertown valley out near Cashiers. That place use to be my spot, some amazing camp sites there.

Last edited:
Creamy looks like the guy who in pick up ball tries to say your foot was on the line when you can the game winning three in his face.

There's a difference in foot on line vs. foot in front of line. Need to defer to PH's ruling on this one. IIRC, he's a pickup guru.

LOL. WakeSurfing isn't really that bad on shorelines. The wakes are big but they are moving slow as to minimize the impact on shorelines. What is much worse for shorelines are the 25 foot cabin cruisers driving 20 MPH.

Keep being a salty old man that can't afford cool boats. Ill keep fucking up your shoreline with my Air Nautique.

I can't afford cool boats because I have to drop like $10k each year to re-stabilize my shoreline because of other people's cool boats. Slow moving doesn't mean shit if they are still big enough to go over the rip-rap. I think we need to pass a shoot-on-sight law with regard to anyone operating a Malibu.

Always wanted to go. Recs?

When I was camping out there non of the trails were marked, or mapped. I heard this might not be the case anymore so that's a good thing. Warm summer days my favorite spot to camp was out on the bald of Little Green Mountain. In the winter time I usually camped at the base of Little Green next to the waterfall that is down there. We always called the Waterfall School House falls, but I am not sure that is the actual name of it.

I can't afford cool boats because I have to drop like $10k each year to re-stabilize my shoreline because of other people's cool boats. Slow moving doesn't mean shit if they are still big enough to go over the rip-rap. I think we need to pass a shoot-on-sight law with regard to anyone operating a Malibu.

Awwwww.... Grumpy old man.

Just bought a new wake gate system in order to maximize wake size. Before I don't think it was throwing wakes big enough to clear the rip-rap, this should no longer be a problem.

Last edited:

#humblebrag

When I was 15 we went to philmont scout ranch and hiked for 2 weeks. Loved it and I still love hiking. I remember getting into Albuquerque and sprinting 10 blocks to a McDonald's where they had 59¢ cheeseburgers and I ate 10. Good times.

naval-mine-self-contained-explosive-device-floating-in-the-sea-to-destroy-ships-or-submarines.jpg

When I was 15 we went to philmont scout ranch and hiked for 2 weeks. Loved it and I still love hiking. I remember getting into Albuquerque and sprinting 10 blocks to a McDonald's where they had 59¢ cheeseburgers and I ate 10. Good times.
We did this too. Did one of the tougher routes (130 miles in 2 weeks plus day hikes). There was some little diner in the small town where we crushed some food after we got off the trail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am actually doing a 28 mile hike in October to raise funds for make a wish. goal is 10 hours.

You can meet new people...

Deliverance-2.png

incest-deliverance.jpg

...and yes...whoever said it earlier, camping in Florida sucks ass. No real winter so the bugs never die off and a campfire is no fun unless you catch one of our 10 cold nights a year, no scenic vistas, and a fuck-ton of critters that will poison or eat you. (This from a person who grew up on a Florida farm.) I love the beaches but with the exception of the springs and a few very pretty gin clear rivers the interior of the state sucks. Good bass fishing and turkey hunting if that's your thing, but that's it.

Last edited:
You can meet new people...

Deliverance-2.png

incest-deliverance.jpg

...and yes...whoever said it earlier, camping in Florida sucks ass. No real winter so the bugs never die off and a campfire is no fun unless you catch one of our 10 cold nights a year, no scenic vistas, and a fuck-ton of critters that will poison or eat you. (This from a person who grew up on a Florida farm.) I love the beaches but with the exception of the springs and a few very pretty gin clear rivers the interior of the state sucks. Good bass fishing and turkey hunting if that's your thing, but that's it.

yup. i discovered the joy of the camping primarily once i moved away.

Back