• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite thing about going camping?

split some pizza in the woods last weekend; it was nice.

Good choice. The campground at Crater Lake is terrible. We took one look and moved on. Loved Crater Lake though.

we had 3 dogs and 2 kids under 3 in our group. it was a necessity to find somewhere off the beaten path. it didn't have running water which keeps people away. a small annoyance but when you're used top backpacking it still feels like glamping to have a cast iron skillet.

we also recently purchased a car camping tent so it felt extra luxurious when i could stand and change.

Looking back it wasnt too different from this

I think my favorite part of your camping trip was when Kevin Bacon made everyone swing over a crevasse by rope and Sean Astin was too afraid so you guys left him, but then Frodo eventually sacked up and made the swing but didn't realize the valuable lesson in self-sufficiency Kevin Bacon was teaching him, so he was all mad and stuff.

we also recently purchased a car camping tent so it felt extra luxurious when i could stand and change.

which did you get? my dream tent (for car camping) is the REI Kingdom 6... that thing is a damn palace in the woods.

split some pizza in the woods last weekend; it was nice.

I am sort of surprised Jason didn't drop by

Jason-Vorhees-horror-movies-6477541-450-305.jpg

which did you get? my dream tent (for car camping) is the REI Kingdom 6... that thing is a damn palace in the woods.

I've got one. Good tent. Gonna set it up in the backyard for the kids to sleep in tonight now that it's cooled off a little bit.

the kelty 6, but we didn't like the rain fly setup and returned it. debating what to replace it with.

My favorite thing about going camping is fire and bourbon.

No fires allowed but have any of you camped at Hammocks Beach? Magical.

I camped there about a month ago, solo. Only regret was not bringing a second flask of OGD114. True hidden gem of NC parks system.

Last weekend I Drove the boat up to pace bend park on lake Travis, anchored off shore and then set up camp. Boat camping has all the enjoyment of car camping but stepped up to the next level. Wakesurfed all evening, woke up before anyone was out and Wakesurfed all morning. Shit was to dope.

Last edited:
Last weekend I Drove the boat up to pace bend park on lake Travis, anchored off shore and then set up camp. Boat camping has all the enjoyment of car camping but stepped up to the next level. Wakesurfed all evening, woke up before anyone was out and Woke everybody up. Shit was to dope.

FIFY

Can we get away from talking about specific tent models and return to the part where Brangus explains what sex position he used to bang his lady friend in the forest?

Meh, getting up early to hit glassy water is a boating tradition. If you don't like boats on the water early don't live on the lake. I am not going to fire up the speaker cans until 10am, but after that I am dropping tunes at 100 decimals.

Meh, getting up early to hit glassy water is a boating tradition. If you don't like boats on the water early don't live on the lake. I am not going to fire up the speaker cans until 10am, but after that I am dropping tunes at 100 decimals.

Truth. Also, wakesurfing is awesome. If you can stand up you can be good at it on the first day.

Back