• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Seems like it's due to his injury. Hopefully he'll be healthy for Wake Pro Day.

Not good news for Roberson.

In the Shrine Bowl reviews I've seen, I haven't seen him getting any mentions. Add to that, this year's Shrine Bowl had more draft worthy guys than usual. Doubtful he's drafted. Tom I've seen as in the 7th-UDFA range on a couple of boards. I think both end up on at least a practice squad.

In the Shrine Bowl reviews I've seen, I haven't seen him getting any mentions. Add to that, this year's Shrine Bowl had more draft worthy guys than usual. Doubtful he's drafted. Tom I've seen as in the 7th-UDFA range on a couple of boards. I think both end up on at least a practice squad.

Tom should go early third day. He is a 5 position backup lineman. He can save a spot on the O-line that a team can use elsewhere.

No Wake players selected in last night's USFL draft. 13 Rounds, 500 players entered their names. Each round is for a different position. Second half is tonight, with RBs, WRs, and TEs, among others.

Tom should go early third day. He is a 5 position backup lineman. He can save a spot on the O-line that a team can use elsewhere.

I don't think early day 3. Agree that he has value because he can play all 5 positions, but I see him as later day 3 or UDFA. Pauline has a UDFA grade on him, Guillemette has a 6-7 grade and PFF has a 5-6 grad, which are all a bit better than what they were a month or so ago. Roberson has also been rising a bit as well and is now a higher UDFA and a 6-7 for Guillemette and Pauline.

are borderline guys able to wait on the NFL draft before they commit to the USFL, or play in the USFL and retain the ability to bail on their contracts if an NFL opportunity arises?

are borderline guys able to wait on the NFL draft before they commit to the USFL, or play in the USFL and retain the ability to bail on their contracts if an NFL opportunity arises?

Once a player is signed and plays with the USFL, they are locked in for the full season through the USFL championship game. After the season ends in the summer, they can sign with a team in the NFL only, provided they notify the USFL and provide a copy of the contract.

As a practical matter, the NFL and its teams will require the USFL to release players from their contract
before working out or signing a player. The process is rarely simple, and there are quite a few hurdles typically involved in making that transition a smooth one. Releasing a player from his contract for a workout won’t ensure said player an NFL job, and by freeing them contractually, the player could pivot and play for another league instead if they don’t land with an NFL team. So it can be tricky which players under contract the USFL willingly releases.

Other than the NFL, contracted players will not be allowed to sign/play with any other league while under contract with the USFL. That means leagues like the CFL, XFL, and any other potential competing spring football entities are off-limits.

I would have to assume the timing of Newman signing with the CFL may have had something to do with this.

I don't think early day 3. Agree that he has value because he can play all 5 positions, but I see him as later day 3 or UDFA. Pauline has a UDFA grade on him, Guillemette has a 6-7 grade and PFF has a 5-6 grad, which are all a bit better than what they were a month or so ago. Roberson has also been rising a bit as well and is now a higher UDFA and a 6-7 for Guillemette and Pauline.

Impressed that you are breaking down class of 2022 offensive-lineman for the draft. Even so, I am skeptical of any draft grades issued by any-non NFL entity after the guys that are obviously elite first and second round picks, particularly at a nuanced position like OL. If they could accurately distinguish between a 5th round pick and an UDFA between guards, centers and tackles, without the benefit of interviews or combine numbers or even coaches tape, they would working for an NFL team.

Have no idea how many college lineman are better than Tom (just heard that Mississippi State OT Charles Cross may be the #1 pick in the 2022 draft, and I had never heard of him). That said, I've watched every game of Zach Tom's career, and he is super athletic (not just for an OL but for a player at any position), smart, versatile and is the best OL in the Clawson era, and that includes NFLers Justin Herron who is starting for the Pats and Phil Haynes who has played the last couple of years for the Seahawks. Got to believe that there will be a smart organization that sees the NFL player that Zach Tom will be. As a result, my wild-ass guess is that he gets drafted. If there are 30 or so college OL in this draft class that are better than Zach Tom, that is a wow for me, and Alondes can again post about "what a stupid I am".

Last edited:
Sage drafted in the 6th round of the Supplemental USFL draft by Birmingham, as a TE. He really misjudged his NFL potential by leaving early.

Sage drafted in the 6th round of the Supplemental USFL draft by Birmingham, as a TE. He really misjudged his NFL potential by leaving early.

He's just not that fast. He's not even fast for a TE.

I did as well. Pretty surprised he wasn't able to hang on somewhere.

surratt got really, really exposed during training camp / preseason, looked totally outmatched (after running a molasses 40-yd). TE sounds like a good desperation move. don't think a year of college would have done much for his nfl prospects -- maybe he would have gotten picked up in a late round before getting cut which coulda been better financially. obviously if he really liked college, maybe his decision would be different. hell, maybe in an alternative universe he's returning for his sixth year next season.

surratt got really, really exposed during training camp / preseason, looked totally outmatched (after running a molasses 40-yd). TE sounds like a good desperation move. don't think a year of college would have done much for his nfl prospects -- maybe he would have gotten picked up in a late round before getting cut which coulda been better financially. obviously if he really liked college, maybe his decision would be different. hell, maybe in an alternative universe he's returning for his sixth year next season.

I hear you (and hindsight 20/20) but I don’t think coming back would have hurt his chances either. He could have had a fun college career and done some cool shit. Now he’ll have ended up materially playing in < 10 football games in his entire life after leaving high school.

Yeah. There's no other way to say it except he screwed up. He could have been a college football great and he threw it away. Meanwhile his older brother maxed out his college career by changing positions, playing out his eligibility, and getting all-ACC and All-American honors. Chazz didn't even play a snap from scrimmage (only special teams) but he's got a season of 3rd round pick money and a shot at a career.

Back