• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Boogie back for Pro Day is awesome. Cohen has recruited and developed some studs on that side of the ball

Not sure how they did today, but Tom had a great combine. I think he gets drafted now and probably gets taken in the 5th. I think he could end up being very valuable as a team's 6th man who could fill in at any OL position.

Hope the Panthers draft him in that role.

Not sure how they did today, but Tom had a great combine. I think he gets drafted now and probably gets taken in the 5th. I think he could end up being very valuable as a team's 6th man who could fill in at any OL position.

Some teams will consider him "too small" but it only takes one GM to decide that he could be the all purpose backup lineman and he'll get drafted.

Les Johns reported on his Twitter that both Taylor and Roberson ran unofficial/hand timed 4.35s…also has some video footage there of Hartman throwing to Roberson, etc .

4.35 is good. I still feel good about Roberson having a future in the league.

4.35 is like the top 2% of receivers at the combine. Shows you the difference between hand timing and official timing with a machine and "lasers".

Some teams will consider him "too small" but it only takes one GM to decide that he could be the all purpose backup lineman and he'll get drafted.

Tom measured in at 6'4", 304 at the combine and ran the 40 in just under 5 seconds. That was heavier than I thought he'd be. I've also read a report that he had 3 good days of practice at the Shrine Bowl playing mostly C. The knock on him is overall strength, especially lower body. But coming in at > 300, the good athleticism and the versatility to play T, G or C, I think that gets him into round 5.

And I'm pleased to hear Roberson ran in the 4.4s. That can only help his positioning. Contrast that with say the 2 intriguing Coastal Carolina receivers - WR Heiligh ran a 4.63 and TE Likely ran a 4.8 - and he was being considered as a 3rd-4th round prospect. Another highly thought of TE Tex A&M's Wydermyer ran even worse at 5.03, and he was in that 3rd-4th range.

Roberson always finds open spots in the defense. Elite hands. Shocked he ran a 4.43. Raw speed didn’t seem like a strength. Guess the rehab went well.

Decent speed for a small DL. I assume he'll get a good shot in the CFL.

277662286_4982161385165099_5120263741792995634_n.jpg

pro day 40 times aren’t apples to apples to the combine, always faster and sometimes materially faster. that said, pretty good time for roberson regardless. the guy who was claiming 4.35s probably has his technique off or something.

Yeah I am surprised so many players run the 40 at the combine. Just do all other drills then run a 4.3 at hand timed pro day.

Surratts hand time 40 must have been really bad.

Yeah I am surprised so many players run the 40 at the combine. Just do all other drills then run a 4.3 at hand timed pro day.

Surratts hand time 40 must have been really bad.

It was bad. BTW, do we know that the 40s are hand timed at WF's pro day (and at all other pro days) or are we just assuming that because pro day times skew faster?

Not disagreeing, but in this day and age when every Power program cannot find enough things throw money at I'm surprised that every tricked out football facility doesn't provide for electronic timing for its football players. It's a comparatively negligible cost. Throwaway HS swim programs offer electronic timing for its athletes, but Clemson and Bama are relying on stop watches to assess the speed of their football studs?

Last edited:
It was bad. BTW, do we know that the 40s are hand timed at WF's pro day (and at all other pro days) or are we just assuming that because pro day times skew faster?

They are hand-timed.

zach tom is going to be steal for someone if he falls to day 3

Back