• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was your first car?

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
First car was my parents' grey 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan.

First car I bought was a 1995 Volvo S40.

First car was a 1987 300z. I loved that car.

side_right.jpg

ETA: This was not mine, but mine looked exactly like this.

1995 Ford Bronco, alias 'Big Red'

96_FordBronco_Pic.jpg

It was an excellent vehicle, and I miss it occasionally.

Could carry 7 cheerleaders in it. :cam:

250px-1991-95-Chrysler-TownandCountry2.jpg

A '66 Mustang is a sweet fucking first car.

Yeah. Had a K code engine (289 V8) which was the High Performance engine for that model year which had enough ass to get you in trouble without being completely unruly.

5839a04a2ba23e484237d2f8674acbab.jpg

A hand me down from my parents. It had those awesome seatbelts that moved back and forth when you opened the door and was missing the grill because my dad backed in to it with their other car once. RIP my sweet Yertle.

Mustang1.jpg

God, this car was fun. I started working when I was 12 and saved up enough money for half of the cost of the car. Almost killed my self once (different story from the one below).

I grew up near the beach. When I was 15, I had this car during the summer a couple of months before my birthday. My girlfriend at the time was 16, had a car and worked down at the beach waiting tables about 15-20 minutes from my house. Around 10 pm one night, I decide it would be a good idea to visit her even though I didn't have my license.

The car was manual and was real fast. Because the care was so loud, I push it into the road, hop in and start it. So I go down to the beach and visit with my girlfriend or whatever like a teenage noob. I stay down there for a couple of hours. Around midnight, I decide its time to head home.

As I am driving back thinking about how slick I had been, I see emergency lights right around where my house is located. Obviously, I start freaking the fuck out. I realize that my parents must have noticed either the car was gone or I was and called the cops. My life flashes before my eyes, because I am clearly getting arrested this night. However, something does not feel right about the scene. I continue closer to the house and there are far more lights than one would expect from a call to the cops.

I pull into the driveway and my dad's truck is a large ball of flame. Ten fire trucks are parked in various positions throughout the yard. Dozens of people are standing in my yard watching the firemen try to put this flame out. My dad slowly walks over to me and says in a low, stern voice, "Get in the house."

Apparently, he had a truck phone (lol) that had shorted out and caught the truck on fire. He never brought up my driving without a license again.

I bow to thee sir!

Plymouth VOYAGER

Mine never looked this good, but my 71 LeMans had a sweet 350 V8 that got me to some speeds that 16 year old DeacHead had no business hitting.

21284900004_large.jpg

Back