• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was your first car?

He also used to have one of these in British Racing Green - 1978 XJ6C - that they sold because infant ippity couldn't get in and out of the back seat easily. I'm still angry about that.

my dad got one after graduating from college. 1969 convertible. drove it forever and it's still in our basement now. just needs tires, a carb rebuild, and brake flush since it's been sitting a couple years. I bet he gets it back on the road as soon as he retires. smells so good in that car. I remember riding through the country with him as a teenager and the boys out riding four-wheelers by the road would literally stop and stare. never seen shit like that before. pretty widely thought of as the most beautiful car ever made. I guess I'll inherit it someday.

AS14_r1328_01.jpg

2707.jpg

Jaguar-E-Type-4-2-Serie-2-Baujahr-1969-articleTitle-a40f950d-398621.jpg

My dad had a yellow 1969 one like this:

1969-jaguar-xke-roadster.jpg

we loved that car but he got tired of always having to work on it. I had to laugh in Mad Men when Lane tried to kill himself with his E-Type but it wouldn't start.

Ours was originally that same color (Primrose?) but he got it repainted (in Porsche red! gasp!) when a truck backed into him and he had to get a new bonnet.

my dad got one after graduating from college. 1969 convertible. drove it forever and it's still in our basement now. just needs tires, a carb rebuild, and brake flush since it's been sitting a couple years. I bet he gets it back on the road as soon as he retires. smells so good in that car. I remember riding through the country with him as a teenager and the boys out riding four-wheelers by the road would literally stop and stare. never seen shit like that before. pretty widely thought of as the most beautiful car ever made. I guess I'll inherit it someday.

AS14_r1328_01.jpg

2707.jpg

Jaguar-E-Type-4-2-Serie-2-Baujahr-1969-articleTitle-a40f950d-398621.jpg

I used to drive through Black inner city neighborhoods quite often with that car - especially the area around Temple University in Philadelphia - and the looks I got from Black guys were a riot. They looked at my Jag like it was the most gorgeous, jaw-dropping chick they had ever seen. If the Jaguar E-Type is not the most beautiful car ever made, it's certainly one of the most beautiful and definitely attracts tons of admiring attention. That car was outrageous fun in the Virginia countryside, especially after the sheriff went home for the night and there was one state patrol guy for mostly the main roads for three counties. Carte Blanche on the back roads for pedal to the medal: starry night, top down, automotive heaven! Don't ever sell it, if you don't have to.

I used to drive through Black inner city neighborhoods quite often with that car - especially the area around Temple University in Philadelphia - and the looks I got from Black guys were a riot. They looked at my Jag like it was the most gorgeous, jaw-dropping chick they had ever seen. If the Jaguar E-Type is not the most beautiful car ever made, it's certainly one of the most beautiful and definitely attracts tons of admiring attention. That car was outrageous fun in the Virginia countryside, especially after the sheriff went home for the night and there was one state patrol guy for mostly the main roads for three counties. Carte Blanche on the back roads for pedal to the medal: starry night, top down, automotive heaven! Don't ever sell it, if you don't have to.

My dad offered to let me drive it when I was about 16 and I just... couldn't. I knew it was a "difficult" stick shift and I was good but not confident enough to try that. Kind of regret that decision now.

1981 Mercedes 240D (same color as below). My dad bought it just before my brother was born (he's two years younger than me). It was my brother's first car also. The odometer had frozen years before on 105K but the engine was in perfect condition. Those old Mercedes Diesel engines ran forever even though the car was falling apart around it.

b72db42eca86731cf8be9f146b26330d.jpg

One of these used to tool around Greensboro in bright yellow with the license plate "BTTRCUP".

One of my ex-law partners owned it for a while. Bought it for his teenage daughter on the theory that it was (a) built like damn tank and (b) almost impossible to get a speeding ticket in it.

One of these used to tool around Greensboro in bright yellow with the license plate "BTTRCUP".

One of my ex-law partners owned it for a while. Bought it for his teenage daughter on the theory that it was (a) built like damn tank and (b) almost impossible to get a speeding ticket in it.

very true...I somehow managed to get two within 6 months of getting my license though!

1991 Pontiac Sunbird. Bright blue with my older brother's Greatful Dead and Phish stickers on the back windows.

280px-GDDancingBears.jpg

I also had a bright blue Sunbird, but mine was a 1994 and didn't have Greatful Dead and Phish stickers on the back windows.

280px-Pontiac-Sunbird-coupe.jpg

My first was a 1965 Mustang. Got it in '72 for $660. Drove it for 2 years. Had an auto trans and inline 6. Top speed was 84 mph. Put an 8-track in it.

Beautiful 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Died a horrible death on the interstate three years ago -- this is a stock photo, though:

Jeep_3.jpg

Everyone knows green was the better color:

LN_124371_2.jpg

Nah dudes black was where it was it. I had the '99 version. My mom sold it for $1200 last summer. I think we got it for that plus an additional zero back in 2002. We bought it with around 40K miles on it. Sold it with around 180K.

1994_nissan_sentra_sedan_xe_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

'94 Nissan Sentra, same color but mine had steel wheels. It still got 32mpg after 225K miles

'92 Mazda Protege that we affectionately referred to as "the bentley". It would lose a hub cap every 6 months or so, super classy.

2004 Buick Rainier CXL loved it, but damn if it didn't get 12 mpg.....

2006_buick_rainier_cxl_in_mission_viejo_california_100441858238826456.jpg

Upgraded to this bad boy after I got out of school

2014 Equinox

maxresdefault.jpg

1985 Ford Thunderbird. Despite being 20+ years old when I bought it, it looked like it had just come off the lot. The >10 mpg and the creepy old man who sold it to me randomly coming to check on it a few times made me part ways with it.

That thing had more bells and whistles than my next two cars combined. I miss the digital dash.

369d1e704a92db0769e36eed1bd0445d.jpg

Back