• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was your first car?

1993 Lexus SC300. My only car for 17 years. Had to get rid of it when our first kid was born.

]

Those were dope. I always joke with my wife that if I'm ever pretty rich but not FU rich imma have a garage full of random cars I loved growing up. Included is the SC300, Mazda MX-6, an early 90s Ford Probe, Woody Wagoneer, and a few others. Wifey wants that mid-90s Civic del Sol.

Those were dope. I always joke with my wife that if I'm ever pretty rich but not FU rich imma have a garage full of random cars I loved growing up. Included is the SC300, Mazda MX-6, an early 90s Ford Probe, Woody Wagoneer, and a few others. Wifey wants that mid-90s Civic del Sol.

exactly my plan. my dad has done the same thing. a couple years back, we sat down and counted 40 vehicles he's owned.

jeeps, old trucks, project british sports cars, family cars, vans, wagons, volvos for my sister and I... on and on.

1983_Toyota_Tercel_SR5_Wagon.jpg

198? Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon handed down from my mom. What a terrible car. 0-60 in about 5 minutes. Finally totaled it on Silas Creek Parkway in about 1996, it had about 150,000 on it by then. the damage wasn't that bad, but by then it was worth like $500 so the insurance company just wrote it off.

First car I bought was a 1999 Passat. Really liked that car, but the computers started going bad at 60,000 miles and it got expensive. Traded it in to buy a baby transporter for the wife...

10939689.jpg

well if we're posting photos...

here's my second volvo. the majestic beast. notice the turbo wheels. super nice on the inside too, especially when the a/c worked. i always thought this was one of, if not the best looking volvo of the 90's.

Ifg3u3G.jpg

630299_19451905_1970_Plymouth_Duster.jpg

1970 Plymouth Duster. Just about this color "Green gold" , but with the little engine (198 six), not the 340 V-8 and without the fancy wheels. just very simple hub caps. But at least 8 people could fit in, as long as they were OK with cozy.

'86 Suburban.
4871720009_large.jpg

Dad bought a wooden box from WWII that said HAND GRENADES at the flea market, and I used it to keep tools in the back of Bruce. Some kid reported me one day in high school and I got the entire truck searched all because of that box. Luckily, they didn't find anything.

1981 Mercedes 240D (same color as below). My dad bought it just before my brother was born (he's two years younger than me). It was my brother's first car also. The odometer had frozen years before on 105K but the engine was in perfect condition. Those old Mercedes Diesel engines ran forever even though the car was falling apart around it.

b72db42eca86731cf8be9f146b26330d.jpg

1972 Volkswagen Thing. Volkswagen made a "jeep" by mounting a Beetle engine (air cooled) and sheet metal body on a platform. Later dropped because it couldn't meet safety standards.

1973_volkswagen_thing_96893392042286363.jpg

began life as a military vehicle for West Germany that they also sold to the public while waiting on the ill-fated multinational "Europa Jeep" project.

1984 Chevette. This is not it. Looked a lot like this one though, but with some crappy aftermarket wheels someone put on it that caused the tires to rub the sheetmetal when you hit a bump or turned too far left or right.

Chevette_02_1000.jpg

1987 Dodge Dakota that already had 267,000 miles on it when I got. Nothing worked but the motor (and sometimes it didn't work either). No radio, no A/C, no heat, nothing. My friends called it the "Old Gray Mare"

Looked pretty much exactly like this.

23655_1335043568.jpg

first car I got from my family: 1960 Rambler American

first car I bought: 1970 MGB, fun car

favorite car: 1969 Jaguar E-Type (eventually had to be sacrificed on the altar of graduate school)

favorite car: 1969 Jaguar E-Type (eventually had to be sacrificed on the altar of graduate school)

my dad got one after graduating from college. 1969 convertible. drove it forever and it's still in our basement now. just needs tires, a carb rebuild, and brake flush since it's been sitting a couple years. I bet he gets it back on the road as soon as he retires. smells so good in that car. I remember riding through the country with him as a teenager and the boys out riding four-wheelers by the road would literally stop and stare. never seen shit like that before. pretty widely thought of as the most beautiful car ever made. I guess I'll inherit it someday.

AS14_r1328_01.jpg

2707.jpg

Jaguar-E-Type-4-2-Serie-2-Baujahr-1969-articleTitle-a40f950d-398621.jpg

Back