• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was your first car?

So I wanted to post a picture of my car and I have never posted a picture before. I went and read the instructions, found a picture, stored in on my PC, went to tinypic.com as suggested, tried to up load it - I get a message "This IP address has been blocked for violating our terms of use"... What the heck. I have never been on the site before. Any suggestions?

All this mustang love is givin me mad #feels. Sent an email to my dad to see what's up with the Mustang; might need to try to bring her home one of these days.

Every time I pass a nice one on the road I sigh a little bit. My wife has been trying to talk me into buying another one. Just haven't decided that I wanted to do it yet.

'92 Chevy Beretta I bought my senior year in high school for $980

1992_chevrolet_beretta_2_dr_gt_coupe-pic-5732779211873161238.jpeg

1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 with a 351 cubic inch 4 barrel carburetor. Its a miracle I'm still alive.

Every time I pass a nice one on the road I sigh a little bit. My wife has been trying to talk me into buying another one. Just haven't decided that I wanted to do it yet.

Dad said he's going to keep it until he can fix it up. If I hadn't just bought a 3rd car I might try to get it back from him. At least it's going to stay in the family for the foreseeable future.

Dad said he's going to keep it until he can fix it up. If I hadn't just bought a 3rd car I might try to get it back from him. At least it's going to stay in the family for the foreseeable future.

Dad's got a '67 Chevelle SS that he's had taken apart since 1979. Once I get the $$, I'm going to buy it from him and rebuild it. Similar to this one pictured, but with a black vinyl top.

dark-67-1.jpg

So I wanted to post a picture of my car and I have never posted a picture before. I went and read the instructions, found a picture, stored in on my PC, went to tinypic.com as suggested, tried to up load it - I get a message "This IP address has been blocked for violating our terms of use"... What the heck. I have never been on the site before. Any suggestions?

imgur is easier

photo.jpg

White 1995 Mitsubishi Galant with 220k miles. The timing belt broke resulting in an untimely death. I then switched to a black Ford Focus ZX3. The previous owner had spray painted the rims black. It was so ghetto in hindsight but I loved it.

4c46e1dbb8_640.jpg

White 1995 Mitsubishi Galant with 220k miles. The timing belt broke resulting in an untimely death. I then switched to a black Ford Focus ZX3. The previous owner had spray painted the rims black. It was so ghetto in hindsight but I loved it.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

White 1995 Mitsubishi Galant with 220k miles. The timing belt broke resulting in an untimely death.

Soph year I was driving my car up to NYC (against the express instructions of my parents) to see this girl I was dating. The timing belt broke on the NJ Turnpike just before a toll booth. It was a mess. Fucked up some of the cylinders and cost like $2500 or something to fix (money I didn't have). So when I finally got back to Wake sans car (I couldn't pay so it was just sitting at an auto shop in Bergen County and I had a nice greyhound ride home), my roommate offered to put it on his card and I paid him off over time. About 6 months later my parents figured it was time to have the timing belt changed and took it to a shop who said "yep, it needs to be changed". They paid the money to have it "fixed" and I didn't say a word. I told them later though.

'65 VW Beetle. Took it to WF for my senior year and it was totalled 1 night in Dec coming back from a hockey game in Greensboro when some a--hole failed to yield and clobbered me on the driver's side a few miles from campus. Lucky to not have been seriously hurt - on crutches for a week or so. Still have the sad pics.....:(

Let's see if this works - first attempt.

1975 Porsche 914 2.0 - green. I remember the green being deeper - but this is pretty much what it looked like. Had it on campus for the first year, in case anyone remembers seeing it...

MJrjnto.jpg

Complete Car history:

the Baretta
'97 Isuzu Rodeo after Freshman year at Wake (only new car I've ever bought)
'04 Camry

Wife:
98 Plymouth Voyager (from Dad)
02 Olds Cutlass (from my Grandmother)
03 Honda Odyssey (transmission went out on the NJ turnpike on way back from MA)
10 Toyota Sienna

Hand me down from older brother. Kept some clutch cables in the back for when they broke.

1978-Honda-Civic-CVCC-Front1.jpg

Back