• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What will Republicans choose

What will they choose?

• Vote to defund Obamacare

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Avoid a shutdown

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i just thought it would be fun to go back to the first 5 pages of this thread and find some quotes from the early days, now that it looks like the end game is upon us.

It's just amazing how some people can be wrong on just about all politics.

I stand by my above quoted comment. Just that most everyone can see through their spirited but failed "appear to" shenanigans.

Check out this money quote from Lindsay Graham:

'Graham continued to criticize the tactics the House Republicans have behaved over recent weeks. “The way we’re behaving and the path we’ve taken over the past couple of weeks leads to a marginalized party in the eyes of the American people,” he said. “It has been the best two weeks for the Democratic Party in recent times because they were out of the spotlight and didn’t have to showcase their ideas.”

So, in other words, the worst two weeks for the Republican Party in recent times was the two weeks they were in the spotlight and had to showcase their ideas. Nicely done Lindsay.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/1...ult-house-gop-expected-to-bend/#ixzz2huVCSpyL

Did anybody hear one Republican idea for reforming health care in all of this?

"Over the last 24 hours I've seen some Republicans complaining that President Obama and the Democrats are trying to break them. Their anger is misplaced. They should be angry at Ted Cruz for putting Republicans in a position to be broken."

Well stated.

It's amazing how many of these guys hit the "most doucheiest comment possible" nail right on the head.

I guess he could have added, "I'm just glad Obama came to his senses and is allowing the GOP to finally end the shutdown he started."

Brace yourself for when the GOP starts trying to claim that they're the party that re-opened government.

nextmove_20131016_143723.jpg

Fox News is putting a lot of pressure on Boehner.

We are witnessing the end of Boehner's run as Speaker, and the death of the Tea Party all at once.

The House GOP needs to face reality, take the tiny potato chip the Senate threw them so they can pretend it wasn't a total surrender, and pass this bill. It's more than they deserve. As much fun as it would be to watch the Tea Party completely burn itself out of existence, real money is at stake here.

We are witnessing the end of Boehner's run as Speaker, and the death of the Tea Party all at once.

But they were clear that, despite rumors to the contrary, there is no movement afoot to unseat the speaker.

“Absolutely no talk of anything along those lines. No talk,” former Republican Study Committee chairman Jim Jordan says.

“It almost seems like any time Boehner does anything people say ‘oh, his speakership’s on the line.’ Those conversations are just not happening as far as guys like him can tell or I can tell,” adds Representative Ron DeSantis, a freshman congressman from Florida.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361403/boehner-safe-jonathan-strong

"Those conversations are just not happening as far as guys like him can tell or I can tell"

Stop by Tortilla Coast lately?

Cantor is stretching out, waiting for the call from the dugout.

Boehner formally admits defeat: "We fought the good fight, we just didn't win."

What he can't say: "This was a complete disaster for the GOP. Let's just try to bury it as quickly as possible."

I understand stepping on toes" was submitted by the North Carolina delegation.

You guys are seeing this all wrong. The lead story is that Barack Obama shut down the WWII memorial but kept Guantanamo open, the sixth consecutive year he's broken his promise to close it.

Back