• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the worst month?

What's the worst month?

• Total voters
little bit, but anyone i know who has spent any time in Chicago in the summer agrees.

pick a weekend and you will find a cool-ass neighborhood street festival going on. just glorious

I've been to Chicago (for more than a day or two) twice in my life. Once in January and once in July.

Yeah, July was way better. Like 1000x better.

But it's definitely on that list I have of "fun to visit, no way I'd ever live there" cities.

I've been to Chicago (for more than a day or two) twice in my life. Once in January and once in July.

Yeah, July was way better. Like 1000x better.

But it's definitely on that list I have of "fun to visit, no way I'd ever live there" cities.
oh wow. man I think Chicago is one of the most liveable big cities out there.

Yeah “summer” is great in Boston too. Right on the water, lots of green space, walk everywhere. The problem is it only lasts like 60 days and you have to trade 4+ months of truly miserable winter weather.

Anyway February sucks pretty much everywhere which is why it’s leading this poll by a landslide.

yeah I hate Feb too, but at least there are decent sports to keep you occupied and it's shorter. it's too goddamn hot to go to the beach in August where I normally go, though I will be there for Labor Day. sure, CFB starts, but just barely.

Some of my favorite beach trips ever have been in October.

yeah I hate Feb too, but at least there are decent sports to keep you occupied and it's shorter. it's too goddamn hot to go to the beach in August where I normally go, though I will be there for Labor Day. sure, CFB starts, but just barely.

I assume that’s in Florida somewhere?

Some of my favorite beach trips ever have been in October.
yeah October is nearly perfect where I go to the beach. And it's a prime wedding month down there. Allegiant has a nonstop from Avl to Destin but it ends at Labor Day which seems real dumb since lots of people go to the beach in October AND come up here for the leaves.

We need to normalize shaming people who get married during football season. Selfish pricks.

Loved August when I was a kid and was always insanely jealous of my brother because his birthday is in August while mine is in December. Things to do on your birthday in August in eastern NC: go swimming, go to a baseball game, play baseball, play basketball, just be young and outside in general. Things to do on your birthday in December in eastern NC: go to the roller rink. Every. Single. Year. You also find out who your cheap uncle is when he hits you with the birthday/xmas present combo that is like, a race car AND batteries!

Back