• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the worst month?

What's the worst month?

• Total voters
February is great. These days, it’s full of beautiful spring weather.

February is great. These days, it’s full of beautiful spring weather.
Yep, have not seen a flake of snow or accumulating ice here in eastern NC in a few years now.
I'm retired and live an hour or so from the coast, so not hard to find a handful of Feb. days where the sun in shinning and temp around 50; jump in the car and enjoy my private beach.
But again all location-based. I 100% get why people in Chicago may love August/hate February, for the opposite reasons down here.

in the mountains we have gotten several February days in the 80s the past few years, then March doesn't have anything close to that. March blows weather-wise. Spring my ass.

We aren't a MLB family so earlier this week we watched the World Table Hockey Championship. (Thanks, Ocho.) Until August has real sports, it will always be the worst.

You're welcome.

My birthday is in august. Preseason nfl starts. College football starts. The kids go back to school.
July. Hot. No football. No basketball. No hockey.

A few thoughts:
1. Where is November? It's annoyingly cold, but not real winter. It's dark all the time. It's a strong contender.
2. For those of you August people, what's wrong with August? I haven't seen anyone list reasons why. Surely not having to fight with nature to stay warm enough to survive should bump it over the next two.
3. Speaking of which, I can see decent arguments for either January or February. The only redeeming thing about these months is basketball. Otherwise, they are back to back months of waiting to see if it's spring yet.

A few thoughts:
1. Where is November? It's annoyingly cold, but not real winter. It's dark all the time. It's a strong contender.
2. For those of you August people, what's wrong with August? I haven't seen anyone list reasons why. Surely not having to fight with nature to stay warm enough to survive should bump it over the next two.
3. Speaking of which, I can see decent arguments for either January or February. The only redeeming thing about these months is basketball. Otherwise, they are back to back months of waiting to see if it's spring yet.

August
Unbearably hot
No random holidays creating 4 day work weeks
Sports dead zone
Named after the first Roman Emperor, which also spawned an Imperial Cult.

March used to be one of the best but now it is the worst. It is long with no legitimate holidays. No football or baseball. It rains the whole damn month. And the one supposed highlight to offset those negatives hasn't seriously applied to us in like 15 years, so we have to watch every other dipshit school back into the fun every once in a while, while we sit out again. So it is just month-long fuck you, Ron Wellman.

March used to be one of the best but now it is the worst. It is long with no legitimate holidays. No football or baseball. It rains the whole damn month. And the one supposed highlight to offset those negatives hasn't seriously applied to us in like 15 years, so we have to watch every other dipshit school back into the fun every once in a while, while we sit out again. So it is just month-long fuck you, Ron Wellman.

March sucks in all the places I like to visit and/or live.

Back