• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When can Ty return

So he was stealing overhead projectors from classrooms right?? That's what I have heard undergrads saying...

Where's the rivals video of him saying he will be better than Tim Duncan... The guy is a retard with issues.

Have you seen him do this this year? I noticed in the game against Central he seemed to me to be kind of upbeat and encouraging- at least that's the feeling I got. Maybe he realizes this is his last chance. Look, if he doesn't produce it'll be obvious and that's that. But I now think with a serviceable big man we might win some ACC games.

Hard to see Ty filling the "serviceable big man" role.

I'm willing to give Ty another chance. The fact that he has decided to stay and play for Wake despite being suspended means he's either :

making a smart decision and wants a Wake degree
honoring the commitment Wake made to him
and/or actually likes these guys and wants to be part of the team.

I'm hoping it's all three. Either way I respect him for sticking it out and I'm willing to give him one more chance to see what he can do. It's perfectly apparent we need interior depth.

Have you seen him do this this year? I noticed in the game against Central he seemed to me to be kind of upbeat and encouraging- at least that's the feeling I got. Maybe he realizes this is his last chance. Look, if he doesn't produce it'll be obvious and that's that. But I now think with a serviceable big man we might win some ACC games.

I think you might be correct Stack.

It's much easier to be a bad attitude guy when you have other bad attitudes around to feed off of. Much harder to be the lone bad apple. We don't seem to have those guys anymore. For that reason, I legitimately wonder if we'll see an improved Ty.

And there's plenty of PT for 4 post guys. I don't see Ty taking an appreciable number of minutes away from anyone to the extent that it stunts anyone's development. If he can help us, play him.

He hasn't played this year, I saw him do it last year during his third year of college as a 21 year old. That's all I need to see. And I don't care if we win games this year with Ty, I'd rather lose games and give Carson and Daniel more minutes.

I'm willing to give Ty another chance. The fact that he has decided to stay and play for Wake despite being suspended means he's either :

making a smart decision and wants a Wake degree
honoring the commitment Wake made to him
and/or actually likes these guys and wants to be part of the team.

I'm hoping it's all three. Either way I respect him for sticking it out and I'm willing to give him one more chance to see what he can do. It's perfectly apparent we need interior depth.

What school would have burned two years of scholarships to have one year of Ty Walker?

I don't think leaving for another program was ever a serious option for him.

It's much easier to be a bad attitude guy when you have other bad attitudes around to feed off of. Much harder to be the lone bad apple. We don't seem to have those guys anymore. For that reason, I legitimately wonder if we'll see an improved Ty.

And there's plenty of PT for 4 post guys. I don't see Ty taking an appreciable number of minutes away from anyone to the extent that it stunts anyone's development. If he can help us, play him.

This is basically my opinion on the situation. A couple of our recruits coming in liked him a lot too, so I think outside of the game he might have a positive impact on our guys as far as camaraderie goes.

What school would have burned two years of scholarships to have one year of Ty Walker?

I don't think leaving for another program was ever a serious option for him.

I would guess a local low-major team like Wilmington would take him. Perhaps not though.

I just want to know who the retards are who gave him a five star rating in high school. That's the definition of incompetent.

It sounds like I'm in the minority but can someone explain to me why we would want Ty to play this year with Carson and Daniel getting fewer minutes when Carson and Daniel have a combined 5 years left while Ty has 0 years left.

Is Daniel really going to learn anything getting ass-raped playing the 5 in ACC play?

Is Daniel really going to learn anything getting ass-raped playing the 5 in ACC play?

...um yes? He will learn what he needs to do position-wise to get rebounds. He can hopefully learn how to get to the basket on offense and make moves to get to the rim. And he will certainly learn that he needs to hit the weight room in the off season.

Will Ty learn anything in a semester to help us next year...uh lol no.

We need a big man who can rebound and play defense, unfortunately Ty Walker is not said big man. He can block shots coming off the weak side and then fail to get the rebound. Unless he has learned how to play basketball, he's just another weak body like Carson.

No one's saying they want Ty to play 30 minutes a night. When we get to ACC play, we are going to need more than 3 guys over 6-7. It will also allow us to see what Carson can do in stretches next to another big, which he'll have opportunity to do next year.

I'm assuming from your argument that taking minutes from Nikita is fair game, since Nikita wont be back next year? So if Ty can outplay Nikita, you'd be okay with Ty getting his minutes, or maybe some of them anyway?

If Daniel Green gets 7 minutes a game instead of ten, his development won't be stunted forever.

...um yes? He will learn what he needs to do position-wise to get rebounds. He can hopefully learn how to get to the basket on offense and make moves to get to the rim. And he will certainly learn that he needs to hit the weight room in the off season.

Will Ty learn anything in a semester to help us next year...uh lol no.

I mean he will play the 4 for us down the road. Not sure him playing out of position when he is laughably out-manned will be very productive.

It sounds like I'm in the minority but can someone explain to me why we would want Ty to play this year with Carson and Daniel getting fewer minutes when Carson and Daniel have a combined 5 years left while Ty has 0 years left.

Because we need interior depth and might help us win games. He has ability. If he sucks as much as he has in the past I see your point, but the only way Carson and Daniel don't still play significant minutes is if Ty is very productive. With that attitude why even play Nikita?

He hasn't played this year
I know that but I've seen him wearing a dark suit sitting on the bench. He struck me as having a positive demeanor. If it doesn't work out fine- don't play him. But maybe it will. It's worth a shot IMO.

Back