• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When can Ty return

Last night should have shown us that, if nothing else, we need 5 more fouls out of someone taller than 6'5".

I'm sure the team might do better with an extra player like Ty, but honestly, fuck that guy. I'm disgraced that he's at Wake Forest and even worse, that he's going to get a degree from there. He's a cancer. I wish he would have just left or been kicked off of the team a long, long time ago...

I was at the Iowa game last year, and he made a big difference in the second half of that game.

When Ty has played reasonably, we have been much better. But those nights have been few and far between. That guy is a real puzzle, he could make such a difference but usually chooses not to do it. Strange bird that Ty Walker.

I remember how disappointed I was that he didn't accept the red shirt his freshman year. Couldn't have done a bigger 180 on that view. As depressing as it is to even remotely depend on Ty to 'beef up' our frontcourt this year, the prospect of him taking a 5th year makes this dilemma almost blissful in comparison.

The biggest asset Ty can bring to the team is another 7 foot body in practice for Carson and to a lesser degree Green to work against. Give him an obligatory 5 - 8 minutes a game for that and hopefully Carson & Green come out a little better on the other end.

Hey mindact, tell Ty that I will give him $5 to punch Buzz in the face. It had to be on TV though, so we can see it.

Ty was mishandled by the Dinosaur and seemed terribly immature. If Buzz and staff can get his attention 10 minutes of solid journeyman play out of him it will say alot. Being exposed to Randolph ought to cover 3 minutes of that. History says this most likely won't happen, but we will know quickly once he gets in a game.

Ty has made bad decisions, most likely got worse with the company he kept, and maybe the new surroundings will help him as a player and as a person. He is on the team so I am for him turning it around no matter how unlikely it seems. Be another test for the coaching staff. If they can get anything usable out of him, will say alot about the staff to me.

People still believe this? Seriously?

A lot of people play and act differently in a contract year.....not that i'd expect it, but it does happen....

I'd love to know how Ty was "mishandled," whatever that means.

I'll wait for the full explanation.

I'd love to know how Ty was "mishandled," whatever that means.

I'll wait for the full explanation.

Don't hold your breath. At best, expect more BS, ambiguously worded excuses that end in ..."just trust me." There's actually very little shared inside information on this board.

Don't hold your breath. At best, expect more BS, ambiguously worded excuses that end in ..."just trust me." There's actually very little shared inside information on this board.

Well, it would be hard for anyone to share inside info on how Ty was "mishandled" because he wasnt. He was given every opportunity to succeed and he kicked every one of them. If he was mishandled in any way, it was in allowing him to return to the team this season.

Wasn't that Brit Matt clark recruited by KY and other places?

Well, it would be hard for anyone to share inside info on how Ty was "mishandled" because he wasnt. He was given every opportunity to succeed and he kicked every one of them. If he was mishandled in any way, it was in allowing him to return to the team this season.

On one hand, I think it was a mistake to allow him to return for this season. On the other hand, I'd like to see the kid get his degree, and the team could desperately use him. Unlike Tabb, he's a cancer that can be removed by graduation this year.

Back