• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When can Ty return

Because we need interior depth and might help us win games. He has ability. If he sucks as much as he has in the past I see your point, but the only way Carson and Daniel don't still play significant minutes is if Ty is very productive. With that attitude why even play Nikita?

There's no reason to believe that he would be better this year when he's been the same every single year we've seen him IMO. He's on chance four, this is absurd.

Ty needs to just be thankful he's being allowed to finish up his degree on an athletic scholarship, and enjoy having a front row seat to watching his teammates play.

You might need to contact your ISP if you were streaming the game tonight. That kind of buffering is not acceptable in this day and time.

HaHa! :p Again, I'm certain I've seen him sitting wearing a suit- offering encouragement to his teammates.

There's no reason to believe that he would be better this year when he's been the same every single year we've seen him IMO. He's on chance four, this is absurd.

I know this is where I differ from most but I am going to trust coach Bz on this one. I don't pretend to know all the details of his prior issues but if the coaching staff thinks he's better than the options we have and won't be a cancer to the team, I'm ok with letting him play and trying to help us win games.

I know this is where I differ from most but I am going to trust coach Bz on this one. I don't pretend to know all the details of his prior issues but if the coaching staff thinks he's better than the options we have and won't be a cancer to the team, I'm ok with letting him play and trying to help us win games.

I don't know if Bz went to bat for Ty with administration but I know he did with JTT before JT left on his own.

I kept thinking about it tonight. We are going to get absolutely destroyed by UNC inside. We need all the help inside we can get in ACC play. Please let Matt James or someone from the football team try out and give us some toughness.

We let a slow, white guy look like Karl Malone tonight.

I guess it is just sad how far we have fallen. We aren't even close to having ACC caliber bodies inside.

On a positive note, we did look like we are playing team basketball, which we haven't played in years.

Old people need to get over how far we have fallen and start thinking about how to support the team going forward. I can assure you that lamenting the lack of NBA talent at the 4 and 5 spot is not going to be the correct way.

Assuming that Ty comes back with the correct team attitude, winning is better for the overall team development than continuous losing.

Given what we've seen over the last year, I doubt our admin/coach are going to just keep a guy on the team unless he fit into what we are trying to build.

Well if Ty ever thinks he can play pro overseas, he has to have his head on straight. We give him a couple of games. If he hasn't matured, let him graduate.

My guess is even Ty sees what a golden opportunity is his for the taking. In the past a couple of seniors known for making bonehead plays like Scooter Banks and Trent Strickland played like veterans as seniors. Ty with his head on straight could make us competitive with more than half the ACC teams. That would be a big step in the right direction.

My guess is even Ty sees what a golden opportunity is his for the taking. In the past a couple of seniors known for making bonehead plays like Scooter Banks and Trent Strickland played like veterans as seniors. Ty with his head on straight could make us competitive with more than half the ACC teams. That would be a big step in the right direction.

Agreed. This is it for him. I am hoping for the best, but we'll see. I will be rooting for him. Apparently he was punished for what he did, and if Buzz, school and teammates welcome him back, so will I. Buzz isn't exactly a "lenient" kind of guy. Trent is a great analogy. Hopefully....

We currently have 3 big men on our roster:

Carson
Nikita
Green

And people are seriously wanted to sit Walker on the bench for the rest of the year? Our main issue with being competitive is having some sort of interior defensive presence. Walker is currently 25% of our big man capital, and we want to throw that away? The facts are that we stink in the post. Having another mediocre player to throw in there and foul is just as good as having no one to throw in there and foul.

If you haven't noticed, Green is nowhere close to being ready to play. Walker is better than him right now, so when Walker comes back he is going to play. Bzz wants wins, and so do most of the fans. Playing Walker is a no-brainer. Plus, hopefully he will graduate and we won't lose any APR points like we would if he dropped out or transfered.

Ty was mishandled by the Dinosaur and seemed terribly immature. If Buzz and staff can get his attention 10 minutes of solid journeyman play out of him it will say alot. Being exposed to Randolph ought to cover 3 minutes of that. History says this most likely won't happen, but we will know quickly once he gets in a game.

Ty has made bad decisions, most likely got worse with the company he kept, and maybe the new surroundings will help him as a player and as a person. He is on the team so I am for him turning it around no matter how unlikely it seems. Be another test for the coaching staff. If they can get anything usable out of him, will say alot about the staff to me.

When I first glanced at this thread, I will admit that I thought the thread was titled

'WHAT can Ty Return'

I thought I was going to open up a thread listing what items he would have to return that he had stolen.

We currently have 3 big men on our roster:

Carson
Nikita
Green

And people are seriously wanted to sit Walker on the bench for the rest of the year? Our main issue with being competitive is having some sort of interior defensive presence. Walker is currently 25% of our big man capital, and we want to throw that away? The facts are that we stink in the post. Having another mediocre player to throw in there and foul is just as good as having no one to throw in there and foul.

If you haven't noticed, Green is nowhere close to being ready to play. Walker is better than him right now, so when Walker comes back he is going to play. Bzz wants wins, and so do most of the fans. Playing Walker is a no-brainer. Plus, hopefully he will graduate and we won't lose any APR points like we would if he dropped out or transfered.
Great post. Ty sucked royally last year and, speaking objectively, is a pretty terrible high-major post player. But our front court rotation is weak to an historic degree. Sad as it is to say, we could use Ty right now. He definitely would've played last night. Played well? Doubtful. But this team needs all the help it can get up front; and I mean ALL the help.

Back