• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When is the next time we win a game?

Yep. As today showed (and as many games have), when things get rolling downhill against a Bz-coached team it all falls apart rather quickly

Agreed. I love our players but they don't yet have he confidence/mental toughness to rebound from the next few bad losses. So it will be a snowball effect. It is a coach's job to infuse that toughness and that is just not something he of which he seems capable. I fear NCSU was the season's peak moment, and I'm happy for the players and students that they got to taste that.

Our only hope is that the ACC seems to have several other teams of questionable mental toughness.

If it is on the road we lose. So I see 3 at most. Just can't play on the road.

BC doesn't have much of an inside game and almost beat them in CP.

Another thing you gotta factor in is teams don't give consistently the same effort for 30+ games per season. Our team reminds me of Leitao's last UVA team. That team was so bad and there was such little energy in the building that you could tell other teams weren't into the games either. When you're bad, you tend not to get your opponents' best efforts. UVA and State would probably say their losses to us were their worst performances of the year. And in that State game, I think they got lulled into a false sense of security with that early lead, and when foul trouble hit, they lost any momentum they had (and they also played horrible defense). Contrast those 2 games with GT yesterday. GT hadn't won an ACC game yet and they played as though they had that game circled on their calendar. And we clearly weren't ready for that kind of effort.

That's why we should win another 3-4. We should handle the inferior Techs at home and also catch a MD and or FSU napping. Can you say extension?

People are saying Md is a bad match jus because of Len (with good reason). But at the worst they are a VERY bad basketball team. We definitely could beat them (or lose by 30 ).

Maryland is likely to be on the bubble at the end of the year and have around 20 wins. I don't think that at any point they are a "very bad" basketball team.

People are way overreacting to that 0-5 ACC record. GT is better than us, and I don't think it's really close.

We got lucky against NC State. They lost focus after jumping on us early.

Reactions: Ayo
People are way overreacting to that 0-5 ACC record. GT is better than us, and I don't think it's really close.

We got lucky against NC State. They lost focus after jumping on us early.

Absolutely correct...

GT"s ACC Schedule prior to us was:

Miami
@NC State
Virginia Tech
@Duke
@Carolina

We would have gone 1-4 at best with that schedule and probably would have been 0-5 as well.

GT is 60 spots ahead of Wake in KenPom, and yet is "inferior"?

You people be crazy.

Def not inferior BUT if Georgia Tech is 20 points better than Wake (and they certainly looked like it), there are serious problems at WFU. Wake was in better shape than Tech when Hewitt stepped down.

Gregory > Bzz (obvi)

For those curious, Georgia Tech starts 3 freshmen, 1 senior, and 1 junior.

GT is 60 spots ahead of Wake in KenPom, and yet is "inferior"?

You people be crazy.

Yeah, I do actually think we are a tad more talented than GT, but we're both bad teams. Wake, BC and the Techs are still the basement of the ACC. That said, the difference between the 2 teams is Gregory more consistently gets his team to play D and play with some intensity. I didn't think that much of the Gregory hire, but his teams have always been pretty solid defensively. Whereas the hallmark of Buzzdick's teams is that they are last in their conference at FG% D. Yesterday was a prime example of both. So yeah, you'll prolly end up with a slightly better record, and I think that'll be because Gregory will get more out of his players than Buzzdick.

Who knows. I didn't expect to win 3/6 games. It depends how lucky Bz can get. We could lose out or win 3-4 more. I just have no idea how to predict it.

Just too many variables....

1) Who's coaching (current staff, new staff)
2) What tie is Bzz wearing?
3) Did Wellman look him in the eye and say, "Go get em tiger" before the game?
4) Did he take the team bus or the Prius to the game?
5) Have we heard of the team we are playing?
6) Did the other teams bus spontaneously combust?

To hard to say..

Back