• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHERE ARE THE STUDENTS?

23313_136502269725360_178_n.jpg

"I sat on that side yesterday and from what I saw, A LOT of students were texting and talking to each other. Plus there were a great deal of females dressed like they were going to a social event, short sundresses and for the females who wore those kind of short dresses on a windy day, DON'T. I saw way too much underwear yesterday!"

A disturbing number of people on the old board think interest in Wake Forest football should play a roll in the admissions process.

"I sat on that side yesterday and from what I saw, A LOT of students were texting and talking to each other. Plus there were a great deal of females dressed like they were going to a social event, short sundresses and for the females who wore those kind of short dresses on a windy day, DON'T. I saw way too much underwear yesterday!"

A disturbing number of people on the old board think interest in Wake Forest football should play a roll in the admissions process.

Ha, wow. I thought you had just wrote that as if you were joking.

Turns out the woman who wrote that is the same one who was on our board telling everyone to wear pink to the game.

Someone cares a bit too much about clothes.

Another gem:

"Section 2 has the best Deacon fans anywhere. Sections 1 and 2 were partly responsible for the safety as we cheered the Deacon defense. Back to the students. Start selling some of their seats to real fans. Or give the tickets to youth who will support our team. Our students ( other than the band and about 300 real student fans) are a joke. All they care about is partying and acting sweet. Worst student support in the ACC, no doubt. Too lazy to really care. Too bad."

all i care about is partying and acting sweet

TownieDeac said:
all i care about is partying and acting sweet

Haha.

I can believe that. We do have the worst student support in the conference though, maybe better than Miami.

Admit more NC kids and grow the school's enrollment and this won't happen.

Apparently, we have some admissions Nazi who thinks we are Harvard. We are not Harvard and Wake needs to return to its roots.

Admit more NC kids and grow the school's enrollment and this won't happen.

Apparently, we have some admissions Nazi who thinks we are Harvard. We are not Harvard and Wake needs to return to its roots.

No thanks. Wake was already an unknown regional university once. I'd rather not have it return to that.

Ha, wow. I thought you had just wrote that as if you were joking.

Turns out the woman who wrote that is the same one who was on our board telling everyone to wear pink to the game.

Someone cares a bit too much about clothes.

Srsly. I don't ever see how this could be a bad thing, for anyone.

The admission department's goal should be to create a student body that furthers the educational experience. This means admitting the smartest students, with diversity being a positive, not a negative. As a private institution, Wake has no obligation to cater towards North Carolina students and certainly shouldn't do so for the benefit of the athletics department. By admitting the best students, Wake is not only making the degrees of alumni worth more, but it is also helping ensure its future existence as smarter people are, more often than not, more successful people, and successful people, more often than not, give more money to their alma maters.

Quite frankly, it's absurd to suggest that Wake should not accept the best students out there.

And, for what its worth, the student body has increased significantly in size over recent years (about class of 2015 is probably about 200 people larger than class of 2011).

No thanks. Wake was already an unknown regional university once. I'd rather not have it return to that.

You are correct. Wake is nationally known and I'm thrilled we are now charging $50,000/year for it with little support for our athletic programs.

smart kids in NC also. Just sayn, and as a NC native i would like too see more at wake.

Back