• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which is a bigger fluke? Detroit or Buffalo?

Who is a bigger fluke?

• Detroit

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • Buffalo Bills 0-4 in Super Bowls

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Doofus/numbers

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters
The Bills had nothing to do with those interceptions. You are correct.

That's not the case for McKelvin's, Florence's, and Wilson's INTs. Two good jobs jumping routes and the other was a ball batted by Dareus. Unless we can't count a team's DTs as having anything to do with their defense.

00hbsfbs

"'I think a lot of our players have faced some adversity in their [football] tenure but with the right resistance and character you figure to be successful,' he says. 'I hope this area sees that. [Fans] probably do identify with the way that we are fighting our rears off to be successful and do it the right way.'

He pauses again.

'That may or may not be true but I think it might be,' he says."

What won't be talked about much is how huge this start is for the Bills as a business, given the (deserved) buzz in town regarding the free-spending and exciting Buffalo Sabres. Gotta compete for the entertainment $$$

There are many parallels between the Bills and Wake Forest football. We suck almost year in and year out, but when either team is doing well, the fans make sure they are heard by a bunch of haters. We've got people on our boards talking about how Wake is sitting pretty to win the Atlantic this year. Seriously?

Yes, my Bills lost four super bowls, after winning four AFC titles. This all took place before the Panthers or the Jaguars were in existence, and judging by DeacFan2010's moniker, before he could even say "football." Bills fans don't care about that shit anymore; we're immune to the phrases "oh and four" and "Scott Norwood."

Have you actually seen the Bills play this year? Haters can guffaw all they want at coming back from 18 down to beat the Raiders and coming back from 21 down to beat the Patriots. Haters can guffaw all they want at the Lions and the Bills having the highest point margin in the NFL (yes, largely due to a shitty KC squad), but this team has showed some guts early this season. Whether or not that continues remains to be seen.

Talking about a "fluke" this early in the season doesn't mean shit. It's not the record at the beginning of the season that matters. We Bills fans are fully aware that the Bills have a lot to prove, and they aren't going to be overlooked by anybody this season. The 2008 Bills season started out the same way and we didn't make the playoffs, so it's happened before and it will happen again at some point.

Remember the Wake 2006 season? Beating teams we weren't supposed to beat, with worse players on our team (e.g. Matt Ryan > Riley Skinner). That shit doesn't matter, it's the scoreboard that does.

Let's go Buffalo.

Gag me with a fucking spoon. This is exactly why people hate the bills and their self-righteous fans.

Right, Jim. This team ain't moving. Sure it isn't. When Ralph Wilson finally dies, it will happen. Oh yeah, Jim. How does it feel to be 0-4 in super bowls? :rofl:

What an obnoxious franchise.

BOO THIS MAN

There are many parallels between the Bills and Wake Forest football. We suck almost year in and year out, but when either team is doing well, the fans make sure they are heard by a bunch of haters. We've got people on our boards talking about how Wake is sitting pretty to win the Atlantic this year. Seriously?

Yes, my Bills lost four super bowls, after winning four AFC titles. This all took place before the Panthers or the Jaguars were in existence, and judging by DeacFan2010's moniker, before he could even say "football." Bills fans don't care about that shit anymore; we're immune to the phrases "oh and four" and "Scott Norwood."

Have you actually seen the Bills play this year? Haters can guffaw all they want at coming back from 18 down to beat the Raiders and coming back from 21 down to beat the Patriots. Haters can guffaw all they want at the Lions and the Bills having the highest point margin in the NFL (yes, largely due to a shitty KC squad), but this team has showed some guts early this season. Whether or not that continues remains to be seen.

Talking about a "fluke" this early in the season doesn't mean shit. It's not the record at the beginning of the season that matters. We Bills fans are fully aware that the Bills have a lot to prove, and they aren't going to be overlooked by anybody this season. The 2008 Bills season started out the same way and we didn't make the playoffs, so it's happened before and it will happen again at some point.

Remember the Wake 2006 season? Beating teams we weren't supposed to beat, with worse players on our team (e.g. Matt Ryan > Riley Skinner). That shit doesn't matter, it's the scoreboard that does.

Let's go Buffalo.

This is an entirely predictable post. As if my being a fan of Wake Forest has anything to do with the miserable Bills.

You keep touting those four AFC titles. The rest of the world will be laughing at you. Oh yeah, and the Eagles :laugh:

This is an entirely predictable post. As if my being a fan of Wake Forest has anything to do with the miserable Bills.

You keep touting those four AFC titles. The rest of the world will be laughing at you. Oh yeah, and the Eagles :laugh:

Almost as predictable as some douchemodem poster hating on the Bills; it happens every year. Anybody being a fan of the miserable Demon Deacons has nothing to do with the Bills, it's just eerily similar, every year.

We only tout the four AFC titles in response to your touting of the four super bowl losses. It's been almost 20 years; come up with something else, and you might hear something else.

Almost as predictable as some douchemodem poster hating on the Bills; it happens every year. Anybody being a fan of the miserable Demon Deacons has nothing to do with the Bills, it's just eerily similar, every year.

We only tout the four AFC titles in response to your touting of the four super bowl losses. It's been almost 20 years; come up with something else, and you might hear something else.

Yeah, right. I'll never drop that. The level of ineptitude required to lose 4 straight super bowls is amazing.

How about not being in the playoffs since 1999. Or just being generally terrible since the days of Jim Kelly.

What about being owned by a geriatric, death trap Ralph Wilson?

1999 - 11-5
2000 - 8-8
2001 - 3-13
2002 - 8-8
2003 - 6-10
2004 - 9-7
2005 - 5-11
2006 - 7-9
2007 - 7-9
2008 - 7-9
2009 - 6-10
2010 - 4-12
2011 - 3-0

Man, that is a lot of losing seasons since the glory days of 1999.

Look at you! Knowing how to use a google and stuff. Didn't know 9-7 was a losing record, though.

There are several teams in the NFL who have had similarly dismal records in the past thirteen years (Browns, Bengals, Redskins, Raiders, Lions, Texans, Rams, just to name a few), and one other with an equally long playoff drought (Lions). But you're right, the Bills deserve more hate than any of them because they were really good for a few years in the 90s, but came up short every time.

I won't harp on about Wake being equally crappy, since you obviously can't see the parallels, but I'd love to know, other than posting inane threads about other historically shitty teams, how you plan to get yourself through a lifetime of disappointment from a losing team.

Look at you! Knowing how to use a google and stuff. Didn't know 9-7 was a losing record, though.

There are several teams in the NFL who have had similarly dismal records in the past thirteen years (Browns, Bengals, Redskins, Raiders, Lions, Texans, Rams, just to name a few), and one other with an equally long playoff drought (Lions). But you're right, the Bills deserve more hate than any of them because they were really good for a few years in the 90s, but came up short every time.

I won't harp on about Wake being equally crappy, since you obviously can't see the parallels, but I'd love to know, other than posting inane threads about other historically shitty teams, how you plan to get yourself through a lifetime of disappointment from a losing team.

Bills fans have been, by far, the most insufferable. Also, you're right, none of them have lost 4 straight super bowls :rofl:

You're right. I can't see the parallels between a professional sports organization where the goals is to make money and win, and a college team. Sorry, bro.

Winning isn't one of the goals of a college football team? Shit, Wake must be better than I thought.

Winning isn't one of the goals of a college football team? Shit, Wake must be better than I thought.

Oh please, of course the goal is to win. It's just that nobody is surprised when they don't because the odds are stacked against them.

The Bills are fucking terrible, they can't win even when they pay people to play for them.

Every player gets paid in the NFL. Every year, about half the teams have winning records, and about half the teams have losing records. Therefore, by your logic, every year, about half the teams are fucking terrible.

Man, check out these fantastic first round picks. What success, what glory. Several HOF players in that bunch.

2011 - Marcell Dareus, DT Bama
2010 - CJ Spiller, RB Clemson
2009 - Aaron Maybin, LB Penn State, Eric Wood, C Louisville
2008—Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
2007—Marshawn Lynch, RB, California
2006—Donte Whitner, S, Ohio St John McCargo, DT, North Carolina St (from Chicago)
2005—NO PICK
2004—Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane
2003—Willis McGahee, RB, Miami
2002—Mike Williams, OT, Texas
2001—Nate Clements, CB, Ohio St
2000—Erik Flowers, DE, Arizona St
1999—Antoine Winfield, CB, Ohio St
1998—NO PICK
1997—Antowain Smith, RB, Houston
1996—Eric Moulds,

Every player gets paid in the NFL. Every year, about half the teams have winning records, and about half the teams have losing records. Therefore, by your logic, every year, about half the teams are fucking terrible.

Oh yeah, most years half the teams are terrible, the Bills are just even worse.

Dude, you don't have to convince me that the Bills suck. Not once have I suggested anything besides that. You seem to be so high on the Lions; why the Bills deserve as much hate as the Patriots is what you have yet to establish.

Back