• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whitehouse

I disagree somewhat. A troubled person using their family name to profit isn't wrong. But a troubled person using their family name to profit while that family name represents a nation is questionable and prone to a) impropriety or b) the appearance of such. In a vacuum where the Trump influence peddling didn't exist, it should be a big deal worth investigating. But we don't live in such a vacuum. We live in one where Trump's kids could start their own space program with the profit they've made off his name just since he took office. Any Hunter issue they escalate can never be viewed without the lens of it being deflection from their own problems. We are talking orders of magnitude in relative impact here, and that does matter.

I think Hunter is an absolute disaster who both merits every ounce of compassion and forgiveness a father can show, but at the same time should be nowhere near the presidency, which I recognize is an untenable position.

But Hunter is nowhere near the presidency. Most of us never heard of Hunter Biden until Republicans made him an issue. I had only heard about Beau.

i mean no one argues that biden is not at the top of his game. The fact is: aging Biden is vastly preferable to Trump or the MAGAdiots, even to lifelong republicans who have a sense of morality and decency. If you want to argue that Biden is crazy or losing his mind, try offering a sane alternative.

This is going to happen if it's Biden vs any non-Trump candidate.

But Hunter is nowhere near the presidency. Most of us never heard of Hunter Biden until Republicans made him an issue. I had only heard about Beau.
But he went to Camp David and Biden probably stores classified documents in the bathroom.

Which...uh... isn't a crime or something.

I suppose he means that he does not have an official position on staff or regularly speak on behalf of the president.

Correct. Is he close to his dad, the President? Yes. Is he close to the presidency, the job? No.

Yeah nobody gave a shit about Hunter until conservatives made it a thing, and then after investigating for years they haven’t actually found shit, so even if it was potentially a thing that warranted investigation, it was investigated, and proven not to be a thing, but will continue to be talked about like it is.

jobs report out today and it’s the longest stretch on record with unemployment under 4%. Labor participation rate also roughly where it was now pre Covid
Yeah, but we are also living under the shortest stretch of not finding COCAINE and BOOBS at the Whitehouse.

Meanwhile Deac03 keeps making excuses for a brainless twit like Biden who can’t even find your boogers. But I suspect you think the open border Biden has given us has you safe & sound? I guess you think Biden’s economy is top notch with food prices where they are. What a freaking moron! Shows what listening to Rachel Maddow spewing her lies about Russian disinformation will do to YOUR brain.

Meanwhile Deac03 keeps making excuses for a brainless twit like Biden who can’t even find your boogers. But I suspect you think the open border Biden has given us has you safe & sound? I guess you think Biden’s economy is top notch with food prices where they are. What a freaking moron! Shows what listening to Rachel Maddow spewing her lies about Russian disinformation will do to YOUR brain.
The open border lie is yet another lie that Republicans spread to rile up their base (congrats reff for falling for it) that actually makes the situation worse. Potential migrants hear Republicans constantly talking about the open border and choose to make the journey on the premise that false premise.

is Jill Biden close to the presidency?

Yes. She’s the First Lady. She has a specific position. She appearances with President Biden and does events on behalf of the White House.

I’ve never gotten a text saying “Hunter here. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we reelect my dad and Kamala, and I'm asking you to join me: joetxt.link/jtb

STOP2quit.”

73 do we have any policy points to debate yet or is it just going to be fielding meaningless Fox slogans like “Biden is demented” or “Biden crime syndicate”

Btw was that a serious post from you
earlier suggesting that Biden set his crime syndicate in motion over his prior political career, prior to his brain rot?

Reff in your experienced opinion who is the greatest president in the history of the country? If not Trump, why not?

How about The lithium will power components like our — like the — like — it’s going to be taking — being made in Redwood Minerals — excuse me — Redwood Materials near Charleston, where the company is making the largest investment in the state of — in the history of this state: $3.5 billion to build a battery materials manufacturing plant, creating 1,500 jobs. That’s another community-changer. It’s a gamechanger.

This looks like an attempt to correct for a stutter to me. Best case for your argument, it's indicative of an aging mind. Still, the content makes sense. I haven't heard anything as factually stupid from Biden as (paraphrased) "take bleach internally" or "I aced my dementia test-no one has ever had as good a score as mine".

Back