• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whitehouse

I believe Trump has done many things, some illegal, to benefit himself and his company. And I'm not asking this to cause anger because I honestly don't know many of the details. Does anyone believe Hunter Biden was involved with or worked for a company based in Ukraine and paid well because his father was Vice President?

I believe Trump has done many things, some illegal, to benefit himself and his company. And I'm not asking this to cause anger because I honestly don't know many of the details. Does anyone believe Hunter Biden was involved with or worked for a company based in Ukraine and paid well because his father was Vice President?
100%

But that doesn't mean Joe was involved in any way and I haven't seen proof that he was.

Hunter wouldn't be the first kid to throw around his family name for profit.

Of course lol. Do you believe that Donald Junior, Ivanka, and Kushner got their roles and positions that paid well because their father was the president?

Of course lol. Do you believe that Donald Junior, Ivanka, and Kushner got their roles and positions that paid well because their father was the president?
This. Hunter is a loser with a lot of problems and has used his name to financially benefit. But my God - even Trump’s SIL got a fucking fortune from the Saudis. At least Ukraine didn’t hide Bin Laden

And the crime syndicate shit is great. Gotta love how the grift continues to work. “We are gonna impeach Biden and uncover the biggest crime entity ever” all the pubs snicker and say watch this as the money and votes pour in from imbeciles “uhhhh. There’s nothing here to impeach and we keep looking for crimes but so far…nothing. But hunter! Lock her up! Mexico pay for wall”

Idiots and suckers.

Yeah the Hunter thing, removing the conservative hypocrisy, is turning something that absolutely does not fucking matter into a fundraising and keep our base angry scandal. There’s absolutely nothing there except for a troubled person using their family name to make money while those giving money hope by doing so they could benefit off that name. Isn’t it amazing that every little thing just needs a little more time, the heads will soon roll, the wall will be built, the healthcare plan will be announced any week now. It’s all a scam and grift that dumb dumbs gobble down willingly.

Yeah the Hunter thing, removing the conservative hypocrisy, is turning something that absolutely does not fucking matter into a fundraising and keep our base angry scandal. There’s absolutely nothing there except for a troubled person using their family name to make money while those giving money hope by doing so they could benefit off that name. Isn’t it amazing that every little thing just needs a little more time, the heads will soon roll, the wall will be built, the healthcare plan will be announced any week now. It’s all a scam and grift that dumb dumbs gobble down willingly.
And enthusiastically - just amazing

Slow to react but ultimately did have some response. Although I’d also argue that Donald escalated the polarization resulting in a large portion of the Republican Party rejecting basic science (to BYM’s point about his supporters opposing any measures). It’s not all on Donald for the right’s radicalization - Tea Party kicked that off in earnest - but he surely sped up the intensity and timeline

Even Fox News was asking Jim Comer what kind of policy came as a result of these payments, and he was like well we're looking into that.

Demented? No. Dementia is an end state.

Declining mental abilities? Certainly. Still capable of doing the job, but the margins are getting thinner. Still capable of more complex thought than his predecessor, who acts like he has the mental maturity of a 6th grader.

I know there is a fear that only he can win a general election for Democrats right now, so I get why he will be shielded from any semblance of a real challenge. But in an ideal world he wouldn't be running for a 2nd term, either by his own choice or because a qualified primary challenger arose and kicked his ass on a public stage.

jobs report out today and it’s the longest stretch on record with unemployment under 4%. Labor participation rate also roughly where it was now pre Covid

i mean no one argues that biden is not at the top of his game. The fact is: aging Biden is vastly preferable to Trump or the MAGAdiots, even to lifelong republicans who have a sense of morality and decency. If you want to argue that Biden is crazy or losing his mind, try offering a sane alternative.

I disagree somewhat. A troubled person using their family name to profit isn't wrong. But a troubled person using their family name to profit while that family name represents a nation is questionable and prone to a) impropriety or b) the appearance of such. In a vacuum where the Trump influence peddling didn't exist, it should be a big deal worth investigating. But we don't live in such a vacuum. We live in one where Trump's kids could start their own space program with the profit they've made off his name just since he took office. Any Hunter issue they escalate can never be viewed without the lens of it being deflection from their own problems. We are talking orders of magnitude in relative impact here, and that does matter.

I think Hunter is an absolute disaster who both merits every ounce of compassion and forgiveness a father can show, but at the same time should be nowhere near the presidency, which I recognize is an untenable position.

Back