• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who beats UK?

PhillyDeac

Reaction score
I think UK wins the title, as do most.

If they are to lose, at any stage, what team can do it?

I think Villanova, Virginia, Notre Dame, maybe Duke can.....

Villanova is balanced across the floor and well coached. They can shoot it, have a big man that can play rough/tough down low and deep.

Virginia and Notre Dame are also well-rounded with more veteran leadership vs. a bunch of Fresh/soph.

Who do you think can Beat UK? why?

revolutionary_war.jpg

Zona. Have the athletes to compete and can defend with anyone in the country. Either Wisky or Zona gives them a really good game IMO.

As long as it's not UNC or Duke, I just hope somebody beats them.

Yeah, and the problem is they all play as separate countries in the World Cup. Imagine how good the UK would be if Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales had joined England. Imagine how many players Vinnie Jones would have been able to maim. He could have been an inspiration and boyhood idol to the likes of Suarez, Pepe and de Jong.

Really hard to assess how good Kentucky is. They have not played a top 16 team (a team seeded 1-4) since December 27, and they have struggled against the many of the good, but not great teams that they played in the last two months (UGA, LSU and Ole Miss). KY's best two wins are a November win against Kansas, when that team was lost, and a December win against UNC, when they were struggling. Wish there was a team that matched up better with KY at the bottom half of the regional, but hard to see anyone beating KY until the Final 4.

In the Final 4 could see anyone of Arizona, Wisconsin, Gonzaga, Nova, UVA or Duke beating KY. Definitely would take the field versus Kentucky straight up. There will be a ton of pressure on them when games get close.

I have Arizona beating UK and winning the whole thing.

About 10 to 12 teams would have a shot, but none of them favored.

I think UK wins the title, as do most.

If they are to lose, at any stage, what team can do it?

I think Villanova, Virginia, Notre Dame, maybe Duke can.....

Villanova is balanced across the floor and well coached. They can shoot it, have a big man that can play rough/tough down low and deep.

Virginia and Notre Dame are also well-rounded with more veteran leadership vs. a bunch of Fresh/soph.

Who do you think can Beat UK? why?

sandusky beat your meat

Agree with Pilch and deacsrus. They should stomp their region. Team with the best chance there is Wichita St. But maybe Wisconson or Zona in the semis. The team with the best chance, if healthy, is UVA. If UVA doesn't turn it over and give them transition points, I think their packline would give UK fits. Of course that's provided Anderson plays a whole lot better than he did last weekend, or they could lost to Mich St on Sunday.

Frankly I think the team in their region that has the best shot is KU. I doubt Wichita St. beats KU and in all 3 of my brackets I have KU v UK in the Elite 8. If UK gets to the Final Four then the best team IMO is Arizona. If they get past AZ then I'd say Nova gives them the best run in the NC. I don't think UVA can score with them and there's not a chance they can shut down UK.

Last edited:
Vegas odds are -120. I put $100 on UK to win. If they win, I only make $83. If they lose, it was $100 of the best dollars I ever spent.

Back