• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who beats UK?

Someone told me two nights ago about two idiots at their old place of business who picked ND to beat Ky.

I told him they might be idiots, but that was not that far-fetched.

Yeah, it's easy to overlook how easy their schedule was (not in the top 30) and that they could have gotten beaten by LSU, Ole Miss, and A&M - not exactly powerhouse teams.

I love when someone selects an upset and gets called an Idiot...because yea, upsets never happen. And it's not like he picked Hampton to beat Kentucky, he picked the ACC champ. Smh

The schedule wasn't great, but they did go 13-0 against tournament teams (11 teams). I think there are only two or so teams that played more games against tourney teams. The other side of that argument is that they just played a lot of 8-11 seeds in the SEC.

[cliche] The only team that will beat Kentucky is Kentucky. [/cliche]

Seriously though, I think the only chance they lose is if they get a bad match-up against a team with athletic bigs AND they play like shit (TO's, poor shooting, missed rebounds, etc).

The schedule wasn't great, but they did go 13-0 against tournament teams (11 teams). I think there are only two or so teams that played more games against tourney teams. The other side of that argument is that they just played a lot of 8-11 seeds in the SEC.

Yeah, I'd argue their Nov-Dec schedule was tougher than their Jan-Feb. Not sure that they go undefeated had they been in the ACC or B-10, and their games would have been much more fun to watch in those conferences. Watching that team in Madison, Cville or Durham would have been quite the sight.

The Zags if they can get there. They have the size and depth this year to compete and a former Kentucky player.

A: The NCAA Infractions Committee, if they had the will (spoiler alert: they don't).

Someone told me two nights ago about two idiots at their old place of business who picked ND to beat Ky.

I told him they might be idiots, but that was not that far-fetched.

Not far-fetched at all. ND beat Duke and Carolina on successive nights in Greensboro. If ND were to be lighting it up from 3 on a night when KY is a little off, it could happen.

The earliest they could possibly lose would be against Maryland. That would only happen if Maryland plays out of their minds. However I think ND has the best shot of beating them in that region, however small of a shot that is.

Not far-fetched at all. ND beat Duke and Carolina on successive nights in Greensboro. If ND were to be lighting it up from 3 on a night when KY is a little off, it could happen.

Yeah, if Notre Dame makes it that far, I think they will give Kentucky all they want. I had Notre Dame beating them in my bracket until i realized i had ACC washed my final 4 (with Notre Dame, UVA and Duke).

is jh talking about another basketball program cheating irony? i need a ruling.

Back