• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who beats UK?

I keep flip flopping between whether or not I want Kentucky to win it all. I wonder, if this Kentucky team can't win it all, then how in the hell is Wake ever going to do it? On the same note, If they do win it all, then how are we ever going to be able to compete with a team like that?

You have to be able to match KY in the post to have a chance IMO. Defend the post, and knock down some threes. That is how you get it done. Notre Dame has no prayer of stopping them inside, but they could get hot enough from the perimeter to make it interesting. Wisconsin and AZ could potentially have enough to make it a game. NC State, Gonzaga, and Duke are the only ones I see from the other side that have a combination of size and shooting. Almost everyone is a prohibitive underdog.

^^ Can't shoot. Impossible to beat KY unless you can make some shots.

I keep flip flopping between whether or not I want Kentucky to win it all. I wonder, if this Kentucky team can't win it all, then how in the hell is Wake ever going to do it? On the same note, If they do win it all, then how are we ever going to be able to compete with a team like that?

I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it...seriously. I'd settle for 1 more ACC title in my lifetime but don't see that anytime soon, which is sad.

A: The NCAA Infractions Committee, if they had the will (spoiler alert: they don't).

your lack of self-awareness is fucking staggering. you must never look into a mirror for more than 2 seconds.

You have to be able to match KY in the post to have a chance IMO. Defend the post, and knock down some threes. That is how you get it done. Notre Dame has no prayer of stopping them inside, but they could get hot enough from the perimeter to make it interesting. Wisconsin and AZ could potentially have enough to make it a game. NC State, Gonzaga, and Duke are the only ones I see from the other side that have a combination of size and shooting. Almost everyone is a prohibitive underdog.

I think AZ can and I think ND can.

AZ can because they are athletic and the pack line defense will minimize Kentucky's athletic advantage. The play good enough defense that the should be able to stay in the game for 60 minutes, IF they play really, really well.

ND can because their ball movement is a thing of beauty. They aren't going to out-athletic Kentucky. Their ball movement may be able to keep them in it against Kentucky, but they will need to hit more than a few threes.

Bottom line, either one needs to play their best game and get a few bounces if they want to win.

Then again, Arizona should probably worry about beating Xavier and that Chris Mack guy that nobody here wanted before they concern themselves with beating Kentucky.

^ who said nobody wanted Mack? Do you just make up stupid arguments in your sleep? The epitome of #miserablefanbase

The only way I'm rooting for UK in the final is if they're playing Dick or if Ashley Judd is sleeping with me. One of those 2 things is a bit more likely than the other.

I win $100 if Kentucky wins it all, so despite my disposition towards their coach I will be rooting for Big Blue Nation this year.

Back