• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Else Is On The Hot Seat?

Wait, Scott Drew is on the hotseat? The guy who took Baylor from the school where the guy killed the other guy to the school that is good every year? Really?

My take is that the talent far exceeds the results there. They lost at home to an average WVU team that lost early in the year to VT.

I think James Johnson will get another year. He has a good recruiting class coming in and has had to do without 2 of his 3 point guards, the third being a freshman. I don't see the new AD pulling the trigger after being on campus for only 6 weeks.

Md is financial disaster, don't have money to buy out Turgenev and hire new coach. Plus they will give him a fourth year. He has recruited well, his seat isn't that warm yet.

I think only wake and VT will have openings in the ACC, with GT as a long shot. Of course you never know how the coaching carousel will play out and if any coaches in ACC leave for some other job.

Whoa, just looked up Dawkins record at Stanford and in year 6 , he is yet to make the big dance.

Everyone but MD gets a lot of it.

Didn't used to be that way. But yeah, Turgeon prolly gets another year with their financial situation. And if we fire Buzzdick, it'll be nice not having that competition for a good coach.

If you took financial considerations out of the equation, Buzzdick, Johnson, Donohue, Gregory and Turgeon should all be canned.

Hewitt is still under contract at Ga Tech?? Wow.

6 year contract that automatically renewed every off season. He had a pretty high salary too, at least for back then.

Kennedy at TAMU is on the hot seat as well.

Hewitt is on the hot seat at George Mason. They are 0-6 in the A-10 and have been completely inept late in games. He could be getting paid from two schools, yet not be actively coaching.

MD should be doing A LOT better than they are, financial problems or not. They have two Top 35 recruits coming in next year, both from the DC area (fyi they are the top DC-area recruits in 2014). They'll be good if they stay the course IMO.

A name that could surprise people, but is definitely feeling some heat is JT3 at Georgetown. He's starting to feel the Herb Sendek heat. Why can't we get to the Final Four? Why can't we compete for championships? The problem with making the tournament on a consistent basis is answering the why can't we win questions. Gtown has two tournament wins since their Final Four run in 2007 (Belmont and UMBC, I think). They have a stretch of five or six winnable games coming up, but they could definitely miss the tournament.

Last edited:
I just hope the announcement is made two seconds after our ACCT loss. Right now, I think we're competing with Stanford as the top job. I would give us the edge, but I don't think it matters too much considering we'd probably be pulling from a different pool, though I could be wrong.

Buzz will be back next year without a doubt. You all need to start preparing yourselves. With the way this year is going Ron will not even have to make a statement that he is behind buzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD should be doing A LOT better than they are, financial problems or not. They have two Top 35 recruits coming in next year, both from the DC area (fyi they are the top DC-area recruits in 2014). They'll be good if they stay the course IMO.

A name that could surprise people, but is definitely feeling some heat is JT3 at Georgetown. He's starting to feel the Herb Sendek heat. Why can't we get to the Final Four? Why can't we compete for championships? The problem with making the tournament on a consistent basis is answering the why can't we win questions. Gtown has two tournament wins since their Final Four run in 2007 (Belmont and UMBC, I think). They have a stretch of five or six winnable games coming up, but they could definitely miss the tournament.

Losing Josh Smith has killed G'town as they have no one who can score in the middle. Academic issues caused Josh Smith's absence; so that could also be tied back to JT III. They play Michigan State on Saturday. If/when G'town loses that game, they will only make the NCAAs if they win the Big East tourney.

Doubt he's on the so-called 'hot seat' just yet, but Frank Martin is a sterling 4-20 in SEC play in his 1.5 seasons in Columbia so far.

Buzz will be back next year without a doubt. You all need to start preparing yourselves. With the way this year is going Ron will not even have to make a statement that he is behind buzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Four of our next six on the road(presumed losses) and we could easily lose the two home games. That would make us 15-13. The way things are going?

Back