• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who from next year's class will contribute immediately?

It's a little much to expect a freshman PG to play 30 mpg. And I assume TC and Fields transfer in your scenario, IAI?

I was thinking that they'd be cheering on their teammates from the bench.

Tony will play 8-12 mpg next year.

Chase won't play 20 mpg. He can't do anything but shoot. Having CMM and CJ to do that will make him less of a factor.

That story about Buzz saying that about CMM in front of his current two PGs isn't accurate, right?

He really didn't do that. I don't have a high opinion of that man and his morals, but that would be pushing it for an all-time dickbag move if he did that in front of his players.

Still waiting on a source for that story. Not necessarily unbelievable, but its a pretty big accusation, imo.

Wow. Something like this could help explain the lackluster attitude on the court if it happened recently.

What's silly about this CMM stuff is we're only 2 years away from saying the same stuff about TC.

You need to parse scouting reports better if you didn't think Chennault was likely to be a bust. Given his fall in the rankings, his weaknesses being listed as long distance shooting, speed and court vision, and not even playing point on his high school team, his struggles here should not have been a surprise.

You need to parse scouting reports better if you didn't think Chennault was likely to be a bust. Given his fall in the rankings, his weaknesses being listed as long distance shooting, speed and court vision, and not even playing point on his high school team, his struggles here should not have been a surprise.

Oh I'm not surprised. I was just as critical of people who were hyping up TC. After all these years, the need to feel good about the future trumps years of watching players come in and not live up to the hype, especially at PG.

Buzz still seems to like Chennault. I do think Fields will be gone though.

You think so? I thought it might be the opposite since Tony could go somewhere else and play whereas Fields got no hype and had nowhere else to go. It will be interesting to see who if anyone leaves after this season. I think the only people who would possibly transfer are TC, Fields, and Green.

The expectations for Codi seem way over the top. He will have a lot to learn about playing the pg spot at the ACC level.

I haven't seen any projections for CMM on this thread other than he will play a lot. Is that way over the top?

You think so? I thought it might be the opposite since Tony could go somewhere else and play whereas Fields got no hype and had nowhere else to go. It will be interesting to see who if anyone leaves after this season. I think the only people who would possibly transfer are TC, Fields, and Green.

Tony is playing 30 minutes per game, and Ant is playing 11. Pretty clear who he likes imo.

Fields could definitely play somewhere at the mid-major level.

The expectations for Codi seem way over the top. He will have a lot to learn about playing the pg spot at the ACC level.

I expect Codi to pass Chennault and/or Fields. Which part of that do you think is over the top?

Honestly, there is virtually no doubt in my mind that Codi is better than both of them right now.

Here's a guess:

CJ- 34
Travis - 32
Devin -28
CMM- 28
Carson- 26
Moto- 24
Tree - 12
Chase/TC/Daniel/Tyler/Dre - 18 -PT determined by whom we play.

Tony is playing 30 minutes per game, and Ant is playing 11. Pretty clear who he likes imo.

Fields could definitely play somewhere at the mid-major level.

I don't disagree that Buzz likes TC better but I thought he might be more likely to leave since he has other options and will see his minutes cut dramatically whereas Fields will still be a spot player at best next season.

NEVER said that.. ....but keep telling such a lie...some will believe it....

Funny that you're even having this conversation, being that you said that the '08 class was the best in the nation... Those guys will be seniors next year, so we're all set... right?

rj overhyped a class of incoming freshman that he never saw play a single minute of basketball live??? Say it ain't so!

If they aren't ready to contribute immediately, we are fucked.

Funny that you're even having this conversation, being that you said that the '08 class was the best in the nation... Those guys will be seniors next year, so we're all set... right?

Another fucking lie.....But it's OK to say whatever you like as long as you allege I said it,

Another fucking lie.....But it's OK to say whatever you like as long as you allege I said it,

Gotcha, bitch.

BBnAC.png

Back